+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it waste to be Unhitable?

Is it waste to be Unhitable?

Hi. I have seen the picture where Ciderhelm is Unhitable and the list over all gear to be it.

Is it good to be Unhitable in raids or do you too low HP?
    Because i remember i saw on his char the day he was Unhitable and he did only have 25k HP is it too low and do he still take too much damage ?

Thanks
    Kukan

He said himself that it's practically only good for solo AoE grinding - the block value is too low, health is too low, hit and expertise are also too low to be useful for much, now that crushing blows are not a concern.

I dunno, having an avoidance/mitigation set like this would be good for some fights in Ulduar like Iron Council or in 3D tanking the small adds. It stands to reason any fight where aggro isn't an issue at all(ie: offtanking a 2nd kill target, small adds) it is better to wear a set like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburglar View Post
    I dunno, having an avoidance/mitigation set like this would be good for some fights in Ulduar like Iron Council or in 3D tanking the small adds. It stands to reason any fight where aggro isn't an issue at all(ie: offtanking a 2nd kill target, small adds) it is better to wear a set like this.
    Problem is, it's not an avoidance/mitigation set. It's mostly block rating, but the block value is too low (I think he had something like 600?) to have any real value. He also sacrifices a ton of health.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburglar View Post
    No.

Source: Ciderhelm
    This has about 1241 Block Value without further buffs.

This was achieved with both Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting. Most of the set items are not part of either my Hit/Expertise set or my Stam/Avoidance set for progression, so I'm not taking an enormous hit to my overall performance. Two pieces had to use significantly worse enchants than normal (Bracers and Shield)....

What good does this set do? Not much. The pieces Blizzard implemented are so heavily penalized in both Damage/Threat and Stamina that they offer virtually no advantages in raid content. The penalty on Damage and Rage is large enough that this set really isn't good for AOE trash pulls. At the very least, though, this is still good for multi-target solo'ing, and there are AOE grinding areas that make the effort worth it.

The bottom line: It is stupidly difficult to acquire everything needed to hit 102.4% as a Warrior. This, of course, is why I was motivated to do it.
    Not enough Stam, not enough Threat, not enough Block Value = not useful...
    Paladin --- "A paragon of chivalry; a heroic champion."
    <Journey> is recruiting, visit www.wowjourney.com for information and class needs.

The stam on alot of the pieces that he was using for this set is getting a nice buff next patch, which may make it closer to useable on some fights, however you would probably be better off reducing the avoidance/block rating stats a little and rounding off some other stats (expertise, hit, SBV) a little more.

it's useful if you can't scrounge up some friends to farm Garr for your binding :P
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

Heh, except unhittable isn't even needed to solo Garr anymore. You can just bang him now.

+ Reply to Thread