+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm I balancing this right?

I'm I balancing this right?

Hello everyone, I've been going into 25 man raiding just recently and I am currently looking to balance my stats fairly well.

The World of Warcraft Armory

This is what I have right now. I'll probably be switching out the glove enchant if no one advices me not to (to 15 expertise). Also, I have a lot of items that arn't optimal, but as I said I have just gotten into 25 mans, so there will be a lot of switching these comming weeks.

So basically my question is; What should I do to reach a good balance between threat stats, avoidence and effective health?

I would also like some help on deciding between the helm I have now and the Platehelm of the Great Wyrm.

Thanks in advance.

Another armory with way too much stam in my opinion. Nothing in T7 content will threaten you and require you have 30k hp unbuffed - the only case where this isn't true is tanking Sarth on 3d and everyone but DKs are going to require healer cooldowns to survive anyway.

Your expertise is almost reasonable, your hit is way too low. You would do your group a favor by putting out a lot more damage (and thus threat) by getting your hit and expertise up.

Remember, effective health is considered the best way to gear when going through progression content. I'm not sure anyone considers anything in wrath true progression content outside of Sarth 3d. When you're not progressing, you need to pay more attention to your threat and avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

I would have to agree with Optimoos that you'll see a big boost in your overall performance with more Hit/Expertise. Stamina is a good thing to have, but it's not going to help you if the mobs aren't attacking you in the first place.

Hit and Expertise will really ensure that those mobs and bosses stay stuck on you rather than a healer or DPS.

Interesting opinions, I will probably be regemming to hit the soft cap for expertise but also bring my hit rating up. How much hit rating should I be aiming for?

I now hit the soft cap with the food buff, and I've also gotten around 50 more hit. I've lost about 700HP. So right now I'm pretty happy with this, we will see how it goes when I start getting some new items.

Just look for items with expertise and hit, check out my armory if you want to see a good hit/expertise set, although mine is an extreme threat set which may not suit everyone's play style, but it will give you and idea of what's available (I have an EH set but never use it on current content).

+ Reply to Thread