+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crucial Warrior Tanking Stats After Defense Cap

Am I the only Tank that thinks that we have far too many stats to keep track of and balance in comparison to other classes?

I suppose Paladins are just as bad if not worse then Warriors due to having spell power concerns...

1. Defense
    2. Dodge
    3. Parry
    4. Block Chance
    5. Block Value
    6. Armor
    7. Health
    8. Attack Power
    9. Hit Rating
    10. Expertise Rating

That's 10 stats we have to keep balanced. Sure, Attack Power is probably the least important for us to worry about as we just kind of get AP as we go... but still 9 stats to balance.

I for one would love some more passive hit% talents and expertise talent to go along with proper itemization on Tanking gear so that we don't have to gem/enchant for hit/expertise to do reliable threat and not get parry-gibbed.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    Am I the only Tank that thinks that we have far too many stats to keep track of and balance in comparison to other classes?

I suppose Paladins are just as bad if not worse then Warriors due to having spell power concerns...

1. Defense
    2. Dodge
    3. Parry
    4. Block Chance
    5. Block Value
    6. Armor
    7. Health
    8. Attack Power
    9. Hit Rating
    10. Expertise Rating

That's 10 stats we have to keep balanced. Sure, Attack Power is probably the least important for us to worry about as we just kind of get AP as we go... but still 9 stats to balance.

I for one would love some more passive hit% talents and expertise talent to go along with proper itemization on Tanking gear so that we don't have to gem/enchant for hit/expertise to do reliable threat and not get parry-gibbed.
    You're overcomplicating it.

1) Uncrittable
    2) Health
    3) Mitigation (armor+block rating+block value)
    4) Avoidance (dodge+parry+miss)
    5) Hit
    6) Expertise

5 and 6 are regularly aruged over as to which is superior. And 3 and 4 are interchangable depending on your individual stats and the fight you're in.

AP/Crit are nice, but not something you should be going out of your way for. Efficient talent speccing/rotation is the key to threat more than those.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post

It looks like Eisen has the right formula. Paladin Tanks have a talent that increases their spellpower by 30% of their Stamina called Touched By The Light. Stacking Stamina is a two for one for them. Another thing to keep in mind is to always use Strength instead of Attack Power. Every 1 point of Strength gives you 2 points of Attack Power and 0.5 Block Value. Strength will also benefit more from buffs than attack power.
    Last edited by kelvin; 03-24-2009 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks everyone!

I have read through the thread and just wanted to thank everyone, especially Kerchunk, for their helpful and informative insight.

I realize that practically every item in my gear set has an available and, ultimately, necessary upgrade. My intention in posting my gear was intended to find out if there was a particularly glaring issue with one or more of my stats. For example, if my hit rating was 0, that would qualify as a problem.

Since I am a new tank, I found all the additional information especially interesting and helpful. Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Tooth

+ Reply to Thread