+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gemming and Gearing Advice

Gemming and Gearing Advice

The World of Warcraft Armory

Any advice regarding my gear and gemming choices is appreciated. I normally use the Valor Medal instead of Lavanthor's Talisman, and I have no threat troubles.

How do I become better? Thanks.

some minor gemming things to fix.

Dont gem for AP, you dont get the benefit of things like kings, kings will increase the STR from a +16 gem and give you 2.2 AP, not a huge thing, but worth doing right.

Nice expertise, you are at the softcap well done, however one of your gems is +exp/+hit and you'd get more bang for your buck with something other than +hit on the back end of that.

also, replace those couple with blue quality gems.

Otherwise, looks ok.

Right on, just what I've been thinking.
    For prot how should I gem? I sit at 30k health unbuffed, ~44% dodge + parry, 541 defense. My hit is only at about 120 and my expertise is only at 17. I've been going for as much Stam as possible, socketing Expertise or Dodge + Stamina purple gems into Red sockets, and going for Defense/Stam in Yellow ones. I also use the 2% armor meta.

I was specced prot when I created this thread but had to go Fury for the raid, can anybody help me with protection gemming though?

you are still Fury when I just looked but I'll throw out some advice. 30K unbuffed is nice. 44% is pretty nice, youe expertise and hit are pretty low. Try not to lose too much avoidance, and try not to drop under 29K if you can help it, but i think you can add some expertise and maybe a little hit to get some more threat.

Yeah, I seem to be Fury more than Prot these days =[. Ah well, thanks for the advice, I'll try to stack some more expertise from gems mabye.

+ Reply to Thread