+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wartank looking for tips on gear and spec

wartank looking for tips on gear and spec

The World of Warcraft Armory

I've done a bit of heroics but I have trouble with taking back threat and my survivability. Since these are the main things a tank does, I'm obviously pretty worried.
    Any and all tips are welcome, even if the tip is to respec to a dps build.

I'd say work on your gear a bit, find a Blacksmith to make you a few pieces and look at

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/4...ear-guide.html

Also you should probably grind some more Wyrmrest rep as they have boots and a chest that will do you for a while until you can get some better drops.

your Spec needs a little tweaking I think as well. You can try for something closer to mine with using a few points from Shield Specialization to fill out deep wounds and cruelty if you prefer them. I think you'll find you hold threat better.

Right now you're a tad under geared and loosing some potential threat due to spec issues. But with a few upgrades/enchants and gems you should notice a vast improvement. I had no problems running Heroic UK and Drak'Tharon last night with the entire group out gearing me.
    Last edited by Arkunsun; 03-17-2009 at 11:17 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Arkunsun View Post
    I'd say work on your gear a bit, find a Blacksmith to make you a few pieces and look at

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/4...ear-guide.html

Also you should probably grind some more Wyrmrest rep as they have boots and a chest that will do you for a while until you can get some better drops.

your Spec needs a little tweaking I think as well. You can try for something closer to mine with using a few points from Shield Specialization to fill out deep wounds and cruelty if you prefer them. I think you'll find you hold threat better.

Right now you're a tad under geared and loosing some potential threat due to spec issues. But with a few upgrades/enchants and gems you should notice a vast improvement. I had no problems running Heroic UK and Drak'Tharon last night with the entire group out gearing me.
    What he said. I'd suggest tweaking your spec a bit. Might go with the standard 15/5/51 cookie cutter as a starting point. Def needs to be to 535 min for heroics, more is certainly better. You got alot of dps items like boots & trinket, I'd try to replace those. Do the Wyrmrest rep, it takes a bit but you'll get nice breastplate and boots. Get a BS to make you gear to fill in the blanks as you go.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread