+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Areas for improvement while heroics/pre-naxx

Areas for improvement while heroics/pre-naxx

Before I ask my question I want to state my goal is to be effective on heroics first but still be progressing toward next level gear-wise for Naxx. I am not in a rush to hit Naxx right away until I have progressed through all Heroics. That being said, I want to be on the right path and pick up new gear. For now I am at 545 Def with decent armor and HP. I am pursuing Effective Health path in my choices mostly. My talent spec has emphasis on Cleave at 5-14-51.

SO Here is my question:
    Given my current armor, gems, and enchants, do you have any suggestions for me?

Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Whozit

Seeking advice on next acquisitions?( for all categories) as I progress through Heroics so I am best prepared for Naxx etc. Currently it goes like this:
    • Head --Titansteel Helmet with Austere Earthsiege Diamond: The 32 stamina and 2% armor bonus, and picked up enchant for 37 stam 20 def.
    • Neck --Chained Military gorget ...love it.
    • Shoulder --Wapach's Spaulders of Solidarity...these seem great to me pre-naxx, and I realized there is a Greater Inscription of the Gladiator granting 30 stamina, 15 resilience so i went with that. Is there a better enchant?
    • Back --Tattered castle Drape. Bought Mighty Armor (225 Armor)
    • Chest --Breastplate Of Solemn Council and bought Super Health Enchant (275 health)
    • Wrist --Cast Iron Shackles...Can you say upgrade? I know. Any suggestions besides Bracers of Herald? (since I kept wiping on first boss there the other night). Just curious. Also I needed to keep my Defense up to stay over 540 so I kept this +12 def enchant on bracers.
    • Hand --Refined Ore Gloves. Heavy Borean Armor Kit (+18 stam)
    • Waist --Skadis Iron Belt with ench. of Eternal Belt Buckle, gemmed it at 2x24 stam
    • Legs --Daunting Legplates. I enchanted these with +55 stam 22 agil. I like the defense rating on Daunting Legs but I know I will need to upgrade and currently running H-VH for Bolstered legs...any other suggestions?
    • Feet --Tempered titansteel Treads with tuskarrs vitality...should I switch this?
    • Ring 1 --Unsmashable Heavy Band
    • Ring 2 --Titanium Earthguard ring with +24 stam gem
    • Trinket 1 - Lavanthor's Talisman
    • trinket 2 - Adamantine Fig (yes, although still serves well, I want an upgrade...for now plan is HoL normal for Pantheon or collect emblems for Valor Medal since I keep wiping at H-AN for Gossamer...any other suggestions?)
    • Shield - Titansteel Shield Wall with Def Enchant +20
    • Weaps - Armor Plated Combat Shotgun gemmed with max stam, Infantry Assault Blade. Too slow but its the best I have now. Unless you think Eternally folded blade Is better? I have that. I want the Red Sword of Courage but havent gotten yet. Any other suggestions?
    Thanks in advance, and sorry this was so long.

Well you much better geared than I am at the moment, but as far as enchants go,

Shoulders - Greater Inscription of the Pinnacle from the sons of Hodir is the best option for defense but what you have is good HP wise.

Hand - Armsman or Precision for +20 hit or Expertise are all good for boosting threat but what you have is the only stamina boost I'm aware of but the Armsman may be better in the long run.

Shield - Since you're above the 540 and shoulder enchant above you can probably afford to swap the +20 defense for Titanium Plating increasing your block value.

Also as it was suggested to me, you can ditch Skinning and pick up Jewel Crafting allowing you to make the Crab trinket, and craft the +42 Stamina gems. This would likely be your best option for EH

Quote Originally Posted by Arkunsun View Post
    Well you much better geared than I am at the moment, but as far as enchants go,

Shoulders - Greater Inscription of the Pinnacle from the sons of Hodir is the best option for defense but what you have is good HP wise.

Hand - Armsman or Precision for +20 hit or Expertise are all good for boosting threat but what you have is the only stamina boost I'm aware of but the Armsman may be better in the long run.

Shield - Since you're above the 540 and shoulder enchant above you can probably afford to swap the +20 defense for Titanium Plating increasing your block value.

Also as it was suggested to me, you can ditch Skinning and pick up Jewel Crafting allowing you to make the Crab trinket, and craft the +42 Stamina gems. This would likely be your best option for EH
    I wonder how long it would take to power level the JC for that crab trinket as you suggest. Good suggestions ...thank you.

+ Reply to Thread