+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Critique?

Critique?

I think I am doing Ok, though sometimes I find myself falling behind in threat against our guilds OT on trash pulls but hes a gung ho pally and usually pulls the trash mobs, Im not too worried with trash pulls and such. My issue is gemming, should I be going for hit and expertise at this point or should i be going for more EH and mitigation? Any help is appreciated, This is my first time raid tanking as well and The guild wants me to MT. Should I be doing anything differently? Thanks in advace!

The World of Warcraft Armory

Your hit and expertise are certainly suffering. A Grim Toll would help your hit if you can convince your DPSers to pass one up, and then you can pick up the necessary expertise pieces and gem for it to bring it up a little. Conversely, if you nab a mark of norgannon (and honestly this is a bleh dps trinket, we have been giving it to tanks first) you can focus more on hit on your gear which is sometimes a little easier to come by. Remember that until you hit 26 expertise it is worth double in threat what hit is as it's removing both dodges and parries until that point.

Don't know why you used ap/stam in your chest instead of str stam, or even expertise stam with your current expertise rating. 2% threat is likely negligible and 10 parry is alright but not outstanding, again, you'd probably do better with +15 expertise on your gloves. Otherwise it looks like you're doing fine and just need to get some drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

More stam.! You have 555 Defense so first thing I would do is get the 40 Stam to Bracer enchant.

I would also try a more....umm ...proven spec. 15/5/51 or 12/8/51 Cruelty will help your threat.

Ok, so a respec is in order, also more expertise and stam, thanks for all the help guys!
    one more thing, Should I worry about deep wounds? Or just go for the crit?

I love deep wounds for threat - as no boss is really threatening in T7 content, I'd say stick with it. You may want to reconsider once you're into T8 content if you're dying too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

get rid of the 16AP on your chest and put in either some STAM/Exp/Def/Dodge or any combination.

Me personally would replace the 40 SBV on your shield with either STAM or Def

+40 STAM on bracer for sure.

I would also advise swapping out your meta for the +32 STAM / 2% armor one.

and lastly, 15/5/51 for sure.

+ Reply to Thread