+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you see anything wrong with my gear/spec?

Do you see anything wrong with my gear/spec?

Hi,

I feel like my dps could be better, but I'm not sure where I'm missing something. My gloves need an enchant and I'll do that today, but do you see any stat I'm low on or anything like that?

I do about 2200 dps in heroics and 2700 in raids, when I'm focused. Some fights, of course I do better than others, but that's about average.

My spec is pretty standard, with my floater point in piercing howl for gluth adds.

My armory link.

Any advice or comments are welcome.

Thanks!
    Terra

Not too bad really, i just changed a couple of gems to be STR instead of hit. Your still over the 185 soft cap for yellows, and your expertise is ok aswell.

chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner

You are very close to my gear.

You're close to my gear too: The World of Warcraft Armory

i tend to average 2.5k-3k DPS overall for heroics, and 3k+ on the bosses (up to 4k with a good group and a warrior friendly fight). Largely you gear is fine, theres a couple things you could change though; You might do better by swapping out Demise for a titansteel destroyer, its got a nice amount of str on it. Also, your bracers aren't great.. the blue crafted Vengeance bracers or the dragonfriend bracers from wyrmrest rep are both better.

I'd say it's more down to rotation though. I'd think you could get higher DPS from your gear than you are currently. Are you keeping your cooldowns running? (death wish, recklessness, trinket) keep BT and WW on cooldown always, only slam when it procs, HS on 50+ rage.

Thanks for the tips. I traded my hit gems out for strength. I actually swapped my Claymore of Ancient Power out for the Titansteel Destroyer to see if the extra hit would help since Demise also has a lot of hit.

Just to push the hit thing a bit further, I swapped Loetheb's Shadow out for the hit trinket, but that may be going to far, I know.

Anyway, my dps in 5-mans jumped 200-300. Not bad. I'm going to keep switching my trinkets and weapons around to try to find the best balance.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by terralaine; 03-17-2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: grammar

+ Reply to Thread