+ Reply to Thread

Thread: .tga Files and eePanels.

.tga Files and eePanels.

Ok so I have been trying to get more textures to play with for eePanels and found out that through the advanced options you can type a path to get some textures (see screen shot) I downloaded in a .rar file and dumped into the eePanels folder.

Example Line:
    Code:
    Interface\AddOns\eePanels\more textures\barleft.tga
    What I was wondering is if there is a way to place .tga files into a directory in my Interface folder, so they just appear as a option in my shared textures (see screen shot).

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

I would believe that correlates with SharedMedia. Would just have to amend those .tga files to the .lua.
    Abyssul's UI, please comment or download.

So rename the .tga to .lua ?
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

No. If you have SharedMedia, then you would go into the addons folder and change the "Core.lua" to add the file path to your designated file.

Example:
    Code:
    SharedMedia:Register("background", "Moo", [[Interface\Addons\SharedMedia\background\moo.tga]])
    When you open the .lua with Notepad it will show all the files that you are currently sharing between all the various addons that are SharedMedia-compatible.

Now am i understanding correctly when i say that eepanels is the same as kgpanels? i would like to import background art for kgpanels and dont know how to do that whole customization of the art thing. any help with that too would help.

Quote Originally Posted by velouriam View Post
    Now am i understanding correctly when i say that eepanels is the same as kgpanels? i would like to import background art for kgpanels and dont know how to do that whole customization of the art thing. any help with that too would help.
    Yes kgPanels and eePanels have the same functionality.

Some tutorials:
    OmgPhatLoots Kind've outdated, but still covers the basics.
    Guide : Make an artistic UI with EEpanels

Ok well thanks for the info Abys, it sounds like a lot more work than Im willing to put in, Im not a coder

Im off to hunt more shared media

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    Ok well thanks for the info Abys, it sounds like a lot more work than Im willing to put in, Im not a coder

Im off to hunt more shared media

It's not that hard, thats the basic template right there.

Just copy and paste the .tga files to the \\Interface\Addons\SharedMedia\background\ folder for the backgrounds you find.

Just replace "Moo" with the name of the file and it should appear. If you want a statusbar, then change the "background" attribute. The "core.lua" gives you examples anyways so you just make a few changes.

SharedMedia:Register("background", "Moo", [[Interface\Addons\SharedMedia\background\moo.tga]])

So let me see if I understand the steps.

1) Download a texture package of .tga files.
    2) Extract it to (where ever, say desktop)
    3) Open the folder and copy one of the .tga files.
    4) Paste it into my (for example) "Grizzly Shared Media" Folder, sub Folder "Backround"

And then it will show up as an option like the ones in my second screen shot?

Ok so I basically did what I listed above and I got the art to show up, but I still had to type out the path in a line of type under "custom textures" (screen shot #1). Won't show up in the "shared textures" as an option I can just click (screen shot #2).
    Last edited by Bodasafa; 03-16-2009 at 10:34 PM.

SharedMedia is an addon so maybe that's the problem there.

Ive tried to paste .tga files into the backrounds folder of:

Shared Media
    Grizzly Shared Media
    LibShared Media 3.0
    Sharded Media-Blizzard
    eePanels

And nada the same result, they will show up but I have to type out the name path in a line of type

Id have to spend hours typing out each one after I made a list on paper of all the names, just to look at them and find out that maybe one would be cool to use.

Meh i give up.

I think the issue might be your path. From what I recall from eePanels, you have to do enter it like this: \\Interface\\AddOns\\textures\\myCustomArtwork.tga

I know your using eePanels, but I got this from here: WoW AddOns - kgPanel Wiki - WowAce.com

Which is for kgPanel, but its ee's predecessor.

I got it figured out, I basically HAVE to type the path out to get the texture in-game there is just no way around it.

Now what I need is a TGA viewer, but Ill post that question in a more appropriate thread.

Feel free to delete this thread,
    Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread