+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid Marking.

Raid Marking.

I am in the market for a new symbols addon for raid marking.

Currently using RaidMobMarker - Addons - Curse. I do like that I can set the symbols with names in a config window and then announce marks in raid chat with the click of a button but, the bar does not scale down small enough for me. I would also like to reduce the alpha of the border and back round.

Does anyone have a marking addon they could recommend that has high customization? The most important feature for me would have to be scaling, I would like to get it fairly small.

Thanks in advance,
    -Boda
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

i bind raid icons to the number pad. it works better than a addon imo

I agree - for basic marking the number pad works great.

If you something a bit more powerful I suggest MagicMarker. You can bind it to a key and as long as that key is held you when it mouse-over a mob it'll be marked with the next available icon. You can also prioritize which mobs get marked in what order, and even setup which mobs should be CCed instead of tanked.

I don't use it for that kind of stuff now, but being able to mouse-over mobs to mark them (like sparks and mobs in phase one and two Malygos) is great.

So if I wanted to bind all raid symbols to my number pad keys, would I need to create macros first, and what would the macro look like?

There are keybindings in the list for raid symbols that are not mapped to keys by default, just scroll down.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

I'd agree, numberpadding them is the easiest way to go. I use 1-8 for skull-diamond and 0 to clear a mark. Works quick and easy, First target to be killed = 1(skull), etc, etc. Not to bad to remember.

I also have MagicMarker, its ok, but I find the above just as easy at this point.

Magic Marker

Hello, I'm the author of Magic Marker. The strength of the addon is really not exercised in the current WotLK raids. Specifically you rarely need to use any kind of crowd control. I expect this to change in Ulduar to some degree though.

Basically, Magic Marker allows you to configure mob priority and designate them as either kill or crowd control (with "burn down" as a special crowd control category for mobs such as the scouts in SWP and ZA). There is an initial setup requirement but once it's set up you can mouse over a pack and get proper crowd control assignments set up, with a kill order defined to your preferences. This can be reported to raid chat too.

Anyhow, due to the almost complete lack of need of Magic Marker for WotLK so far I haven't paid too much attention to it. Expect more attention to be paid to the addon before Ulduar.

MagicMarker - Addons - Curse

I just keybind few marks in F1 to F5, since atm i don't need any kind of CC on tanking just mark a skull for nuke and it's really easy to switch marks if needed, with 5 marks you can do almost everything eg: mark a skull and cross on mobs and have star, moon and circle to mark players in your raid for some reason.

Baudmark-target something and press your hotkey. a circle of symbols appears where your pointer is with skull in the center, and you just click the one you want and release the hotkey. It's available on Curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread