+ Reply to Thread

Thread: March 13th PvP/Warrior Changes

March 13th PvP/Warrior Changes

PVP

Arenas

Enemy Unit Frames: This feature is only available while in Arenas, with several options in the Interface Options.

Warriors

Battle Stance: Now increases armor penetration by 10%.

Berserker Stance: Now increases damage taken by 5%.

Charge: Duration of stun effect now lasts 1.5 seconds. This effect no longer has diminishing returns.

Defensive Stance: Now reduces damage caused by the warrior by 5% (previously 10%).

Disarm: This ability now disarms ranged weapons as well.

Heroic Throw missile speed increased.

Intimidating Shout: Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes.

Shattering Throw: This new warrior ability, trainable at level 71, deals damage the same as Heroic Throw, but also causes the victimís armor to be reduced by 20% for 10 seconds (stacking with Sunder Armor). If the victim is immune, it will remove that immunity instead of dealing damage and reducing armor. Costs 25 rage. Only useable in Battle Stance. 5-minute cooldown.

Talents

Arms

Blood Frenzy improved to 2/4% increased damage.

Deep Wounds: The damage done by this talent no longer receives modifications from effects that increase or decrease damage done by a percentage. The base weapon damage used in the calculation will still be modified by those effects.

Improved Intercept and Weapon Mastery have once again swapped places in the talent tree.

New Talent: Juggernaut: Grants the warrior the ability to Charge while in combat.

Taste for Blood: Will now proc 33/66/100% of the time with a 6-second cooldown.

Unrelenting Assault: Now also increases the damage of Overpower and Revenge by 10/20%, and causes Overpower (when used to attack a casting target) to decrease the effectiveness of all the targetís non-physical damage and healing by 25/50% for 6 seconds. Tooltip and visual updated.

Fury

Titanís Grip: While you have a two-handed weapon equipped in one hand, your physical damage done is reduced by 10%.

Protection

Last Stand: Cooldown reduced to 3 minutes.
    Maybe that will get rid of even having to use gladius. And warrior changes are interesting.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 03-15-2009 at 09:26 AM.

so arms i now prot... mmk
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

So basically pvping on warriors = 100% easier.. like wow, sit in b stance, charge around, throw a rend on anything, proc ovrpwr, hit caster, reduce his dmg, ..LIKE A BOSS

Well the cool part is the new UA, IMO. You have to hit the target while they're casting, and it's on the GCD. Not to mention you have to time around it every six seconds.

The ability feels like one a DK would get. It's... clutch. It's situational. It can be amazing if used properly. I'm really pumped.

meh, if you can catch the cast/heal then it isnt a full powered blow which COULD help reduce burst but i mean honestly... it isnt as good as a pummel or an interupt. you could just as easily macro in equipping a shield and knock it out with shield bash then macro back to your weapon in the same timeframe. if that was down (6 seconds) and you were near them... and had the GCD in time... then you could limit it's usefulness. its something to be sure, just seems like a pretty weak fix.
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

it isnt as good as a pummel or an interupt
    Exactly! Most of the time, it won't be as good. However, it is usable in battle stance. In some rare situations, it might be better. The power comes from it not being tied to the interrupt CD. You can, for example, UA a DPS caster, swap to Zerker and then intercept/pummel a healer. Its power isn't so much in the solo realm as it is the group utility realm.

I'm mostly excited because it's new. Blizzard isn't renaming some other ability and giving it to us; rather, we get a fresh new talent to play with. Fun

Well, my understanding is that if you catch them with the new UA, the outgoing heal will heal for 50% of normal. If that's on a target with MS on it, that heal will land for 25% of normal - if you ask me, that's a lot better than interrupting the heal, because a quarter of normal healing will be grossly insufficient, it will still cost them the same MP as a normal heal, and you're gonna be slapping them with a pretty significant hit from your weapon on top of it all. It's not as good as a Pummel in every situation, but it's an interesting change and adds flavor to the Arms playstyle.

That said, I still think the idea of stances penalizing you for being in them (reducing outgoing damage, or increasing incoming damage) and restricting your available skills is an outdated mechanic and needs to be scrapped. I don't see how us being able to Pummel in Battle Stance or Hamstring in Defensive Stance is any more overpowered than a Death Knight being able to use Icebound Fortitude in Blood Presence or Death Grip in Frost Presence.

+ Reply to Thread