Closed Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Life Onslaught Armor...

Quote Originally Posted by Wao View Post
    Still waiting patiently for one to drop

(first KT kill in january)

Still waiting on the DKP to win the freakin thing. We've only had two drop since we downed him in December.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Bulwark of Azzinoth the most out of this whole project. I love that shield too much.

My comments on the "sharpness" of the blade did not take Blizzcon into consideration, because with the amount of time and money he is investing, I personally would be more interested in the quality and authenticity of the work, not in being able to enter a costume contest once a year in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    I wonder how many Master Chief suit requests your guy gets.
    I wouldn't mind a blatant Master Chief ripoff in plate armor sets for WoW. The shoulders are different style than what WoW shoulders typically are I spose lol.

ftw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalken View Post
    "I'll let the dragon hit me in the face, you stab it in the ass."

samsies

i am acctually working on a project similar to this in my metals class. with the help of my friends in that class we have maneged to get the boots done, and they are heavy but they r wearable and quite cool looking ill post some pictures later of the proggresion

The Brutalizer is almost finished! We still have a few details and the "counterweight" on the handle to add. There some grinding left and, of course, paint. It's not going out to paint until the shield is finished as well. Enjoy!

"Feel the fury of the mountain!" ~ King Magni Bronzebeard, Lord of Ironforge

oh man that looks awesome. someday.. i'll buy one... or my g/f will shoot me...

something...

awesome work man.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

someday.. i'll buy one... or my g/f will shoot me...
    Can't you have both? LOL. Just go buy it behind her back!

Man I’d go tell your wife again that she is the most awesome women on the planet for letting you do this. I don’t know a single women that wouldn’t be dead set against this plan. Her support in this project is what I envy you the most.

That being said I don’t care how much that armor weighed if I owned it I’d become strong enough to walk around in it all day long.

I hope that none of the rules prevent you from being able to enter the costume contest. Your only fault would be that the costume is “too” good. As far as the weapons and sharp edges, I think their major concern is allowing “weapons” on the Blizcon floor (or pretty much anything you could hurt anyone else with). You may have to come up with soft “stand in” replacements for the show.

Lol, buy it behind her back... i'm pretty sure she'll notice one day, a huge metallic axe and shield appearing on my mantle... "what? it was always there? pft, pay more attention"

I'll be curious to see the exact finished weight on that thing! I can't imagine it not being awkward even with a significant counter-weight.

Also, I would think, given what we've seen so far, that the armor itself would probably be considered a weapon for BlizzCon purposes, in that it would be quite capable of hurting someone, intentionally or otherwise.

Wow. Talk about bursting a bubble! I'd be pretty pissed off if they said I couldn't compete. I might even have to e-mail Blizzard to see what their opinion is on the subject. I mean, I don't have any plans to hurt anyone and it's not even a sharpened blade.

If they did something ludicris like that, I'd go out to the parking lot across the street from BlizzCon and try to pull attention away from the event. Maybe someone would be notified and they'd invite me inside. Who knows?

Bollocks!

ote that costumes may not include or otherwise utilize any edged weapons (such as knives, daggers, swords), firearms of any kind including airguns, long bows, crossbows, or any other type of projectile weapon regardless of whether it is unloaded or nonfunctional; ‘actual’ clubs, maces, or other ‘crushing weapons.’ Acceptable costume ‘weapon props’ will be limited to air filled or soft plastic swords, daggers, maces or clubs, and wooden staves that are not shod with metal.
    Now I have to get on the phone or e-mail Blizzard to see how to get around this. Ultimately, it's their decision. Maybe I'll have to go through a clearance process or something. I guess if I can't enter the competition, I'd be willing to have Blizzard bring me and my ultimate fan project to Anaheim for display. I mean, total cost of getting me to Anaheim, tickets w/backstage passes, & hotel room for however many days couldn't be more than $1500. That'd be a good investment for Blizzard.

heh, good luck man, i'd love to see you wearing this!

this is so @#^^&&^$^%!(&@!@^&& COOL!!
    i was readin through the whole forum and i saw ppl were wondering how the shoulders were gonna be held up, I was imagining not to let em have thier own piece to to make it somewhat a 1 piece design if not held together by straps unther the body armor im just tossing an idea out there

WARRIOR T6 FTW!!!
    Last edited by Bkl; 03-20-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: spell check ^_^

‘actual’ clubs, maces, or other ‘crushing weapons
    Amazing costume, but i highly doubt the weapon will be allowed.

Its not sharp, but it i will essentially be a "crushing" weapon. The rules clearly state those are not allowed. Heck, you are only allowed a wooden stave, if it doesnt ahve metal in it.

I know its sucks, but there really isnt much you can do...

And, as someone above posted... the armor itself is probably going to be considered a weapon. They may let you in and compete, but i doubt you will be allowed to walk around with it on.

Think how damaging the shoulder spike would be if you fell on someone, or they walked into it.

I assume the main consern is they dont want weapons in the crowd, so maybe they will allow it if you hand it in and only hold it on stage, but i wouldnt hold my breath.

Don't get me wrong. I like the idea of this. I just do not think you will be able to walk around a room much less blizzcon in this thing. If someone got to excited and ran into or jumped on you it could be very painful. The weight must be insane. It could be done with finer metals but that would be to costly. Let's remember this armor was designed for the mighty warriors of Azeroth as they faught Illidan. Not average joe working in IT. I do however highly reccomend dressing your girlfriend up as Dorothy and RP .

Quote Originally Posted by Ewanar View Post

Take a trip through BC Canada on the way back, I'd love to see this thing up close!
    I second this...
    Death Knights - Tanking the revolution!

This is way too awesome. I'm actually excited to see more of this, specially the shield. Congratz sir.

Thanks for sharing, and keeping us updated.

Too bad I'm a million miles away, or I'd be deciding between cataclysm's edge, ash'kandi or sulfuras.

I have a feeling that this armor smith is about to get really busy and really familiar with WoW armor and weaponry... lol
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Closed Thread