+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood DK Tank

Blood DK Tank

Armory-http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nathrezim&n=Sillybug

Gear- I'm slowly but surely gearing up. At the moment I'm using rawr as guidance on the gear I should be working towards and as far as I can tell most of these upgrades are in raids excluding my bracers since mine wont drop from Old Kingdom D:

Spec- I'm currently blood because I felt since I was going to spec this in the patch I may as well get used to it. Its more of a testing spec which is why I have some of the talents people feel aren't the best to take.

Mostly what I'm looking for is to know how I'm doing and if I'm missing anything important in gearing and gemming.

PS: Yes I know i have the mana enchant on my chest, I was leveling enchanting and didnt want to go buy a chest >.<

Your spec could use some cleaning up. Virulence isn't very good for a Blood build since most of your attacks are going to be physical. Also if you want to get used to Blood you might as well remove Lichborne from your build since it's being nerfed to all hell when the expansion comes. Lastly not having WotN is silly since you're going so high into the tree.

I would suggest this:
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Blood lacks the skillz to pay the billz when it comes to AoE tanking. Morbidity and Corpse Explosion will help with that.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Currently I use this spec. It gets a lot of bang for the buck, great single target threat, and boosts blood boil so it's viable in its current form. However, it's useful for clearing away giant corpses so you can see what you're doing.

I'll be modifying it in 3.1.0, obviously. No need for Lichborne, and vicious strikes won't be increasing DS damage anymore.

I have a blog about blood DK tanking, in which I post irregularly. If you're interested, it's here.

I would imagine that your threat/damage is sub-par since you're lacking Might of Morgraine. I also hate rune tap, 4 points is alot of commitment for an ability that I never use. My basic feeling behind Rune Tap is if you need it to stay alive, you should find new healers. I was testing blood a few weeks back, ran through all available content including OS3D and it popped out some impressive numbers.

Build is basically Diseaseless Blood. 3 attacks used, Heart Strike, Obliterate and Death Coil. This was my spec.

Agg's tanking guide

I have no problem with threat at all, actually. With a low critrate in tank gear, MoM isn't gamebreaking. In fact, I've tried offtanking and I just pull off of our tanks without being able to rune strike, and the couple of times I decided to OT patchwerk, I had the warrior use vigilance on me so I didn't have to just stand there.

As for rune tap, having an ohshiz button is better than not having one. Especially if threat isn't an issue. In a perfect world I wouldn't take it, but players are human. Rune tap compensates for that.

Different levels of raiding I suppose. Threat isn't the issue, tanking is also about doing as much DPS as you can. If I'm not pushing 3500 DPS on Patchwerk then I don't feel as if I'm doing my job. If you're fine with just surviving while holding aggro then that's where you'll stay.

Clearly you have all the answers, in the future I would suggest armoring top guilds DK's for gemming anc chanting advice.

Agg's tanking guide

Clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Inaara View Post
    I would imagine that your threat/damage is sub-par since you're lacking Might of Morgraine. I also hate rune tap, 4 points is alot of commitment for an ability that I never use. My basic feeling behind Rune Tap is if you need it to stay alive, you should find new healers. I was testing blood a few weeks back, ran through all available content including OS3D and it popped out some impressive numbers.

Build is basically Diseaseless Blood. 3 attacks used, Heart Strike, Obliterate and Death Coil. This was my spec.

I wouldnt recommend this spec at all for any sort of tanking.

I use something similar to this as my spec for DPS which you can see here
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    This is my spec for dps...I average between 3900-5100 on bosses depending on the raid situation. And work in around 4500 in heroics.

Take the 3 points out of outbreak...it's pointless to put anything there if you are diseasless. Put those 3 points into Virulence or Necrosis.

Recently I have taken up unholy tanking due to the fact that I am 5/5 T7.5 and run with 31K unbuffed life.

I do like the fact that in Blood there is a huge boost to your strength and health and I can see it being a beast of a tank on a single target. But remember that when you are making your builds.

+ Reply to Thread