+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for some pointers

Looking for some pointers

I am the Main tank in my guild and was just wondering if anyone has any pointers for me my link is The World of Warcraft Armory i have no problem holding argo and if i am i do switch to SoV but mostly run the health one to lessen the stress on the healers also our holydin runs kings TY guys/ladys

dont know if my spec is ok i know i still need bracers from old kingdom but im starting to hate that place

Hi,

So not sure that you have the balance right on SoL vs SoV. Seal of Vengence (assuming you're glyph'd for it) will reduce the parry haste, which will likely reduce your inbound damage in most fights by more than the SoL heals. SoV will definitely make your damage intake less spikey (2 big hits in close succession) which should make you easier to heal. In part that's because the healer can never assume that you're going to get 800hp (a rough approximation of what you should see based on your AP+SP) back from a particular melee swing so he's either going to heal you anyway (thus overheal) or not.

If you have someone that can always do Kings, I'd move your points in reckoning to Seal of the Pure and your points in benediction to Heart of the Crusader. Stoicism is a valid choice for your 'extra' points, but I tend to favor going a bit deeper into the ret tree to pick up pursuit of justice. If its a holydin that is picking up kings for you, then picking up improved might along the way wouldn't be a bad answer. Him doing kings, and you doing improved might on your melee is a very powerful buff combination. If you run with a warrior, some of that value goes away, but its a longer buff. The other downside of the holydin having kings is that that means that your casters either have kings or improved wisdom, but not both. If you run with melee heavy groups, that's probably a wash.

On your gear, I'd like to see a little more stam. Essence of Gossamer (which you may already have) is a good swap in for stam intensive fights. I'd also suggest the block trinket from h vh.

I know its nice to have a purple cape, but your giving up a lot of defense to get that. I actually preferred peaceful resolutions (or cloak of the enemy from nexus) until the naxx/heroic badge cloak came around. If you switch cloaks you can swap 2 def gems for stam gems and pick up 480hp. Alternately (depending on the fight) you could probably add one def gem and run without seal of the pantheon and with gossamer/valor medal of the first war for good dodge and stam.

And yes, keep grinding for those bracers.

Is there any chance u have a build for what u are saying so i could see it i do agree but tabbing in and out can b a pain for me to respec now i dont know if its me but atm without going into 25 mans i seem to have a hard time staying def capped any ideas on that?

Thank you to all who help, CJ

Something like:
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Which assumes:
    - You have another pally to cast kings
    - You like stoicism more than the other 20point or less talents
    - you don't have a pally to provide heart of the crusader

Your defense issues come down to 2 things, cape and boots. Switching those with more defense items at the same gear level (terrace defense boots for example) gives you another 7-10 defense depending on the swap (at some cost of stam in the case of the boots). Skull of Ruin is a very nice shield, but is slightly out of sync with the rest of your gear. Good old titansteel would also be a good option to have there for you. It is actually less good than Ruin, but better balanced given your current gear level. As you swap gear in and out you can switch shields. Minor note, the strength gem in your pants isn't as good as def/stam right now. That's an extra 16 def rating right there.

+ Reply to Thread