+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fine tuning and more

Fine tuning and more

Hey all thi sis my first post here so I hope I do this right. I am looking for some help, I know with the new patch comming out soon I will more then likely have to change my spec to continue tanking, but for right now I am wondering what I can do to 1) get more HP and not lose my defense's and 2) how my spec rates with other DK MT's.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Please any feedback about how I could inprove would be awesome. I have been MT in all heroics but a few and for 3 bosses in Naxx.

Thank you for your time.

The shield block meta is a little troubling.

Spec looks very strange to me. Not an expert on DK specs, but passing up Guile of Gorefiend, Rime, Deathchill, Imp Icy Talons and Tundra Stalker seem like odd choices. And grabbing Necrosis probably won't do much for you if you convert most of your white hits to Rune Strikes anyway.

Unimproved Rune Tap isn't much to write home about, Merciless Combat is a threat boost when you probably least need it, etc etc
    Last edited by Finkleroy; 03-12-2009 at 11:54 AM.

I'm pretty sure he has the SB meta for the extra defense. I would suggest resocketing all of your parry gems out as parry is crap. Put 2 Thick Autumn's Glow - Item - World of Warcraft in your Belt, that will make up for the defense lost to changing the meta. After that get a proper meta like Austere Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft. Replace the gem in your ring with Champion's Monarch Topaz - Item - World of Warcraft or Stalwart Monarch Topaz - Item - World of Warcraft. And lastly the biggest upgrade I see you getting would be Bolstered Legplates - Item - World of Warcraft from Heroic VH to replace your DPS legs. Once you get the leggings you can switch out gems for more stam. For red slot try to stick to Expertise, Strength or Dodge. Just stay away from parry.

As for your spec, it could use some cleaning up. I personally prefer Unholy in curret content since everything is a complete AoE zergfest and Unholy does the best job for AoE tanking. Howling blast is nice but it isn't nearly as efficient or fluid as a good Unholy build. You can armory me since I'm Unholy atm.

If you prefer frost though there are a few threads in tankspot about Frost tanking that show rotations and builds. A quick search will find them.
    Last edited by Inaara; 03-12-2009 at 01:38 PM.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

TY for thw great feed back, yes I know I have some gearing issues but they will be worked out in time, darn legs just never drop when I run my DK in heroic VH lol, so I have changed some gems and respeced to get some talents I thought I had grabed, anyother information on what I could do to inprove would be awesome, and once again thank you for your time.

I am also wondering what the cap is for hit and expertise?
    Last edited by Shierky; 03-12-2009 at 01:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread