+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin vs warrior tank gear choices

Paladin vs warrior tank gear choices

Hi all

Firstly, please forgive my ignorance. I've been tanking happily on my warrior for ages but I want to level and gear up a protection paladin to help out my casual guild's raiding class balance (he's currently level 69)

My big question is: How similar is a warrior and a paladin's gear? I would say - extremely similar. But are there different choices you'd make? e.g. less / more focus on shield block rating, expertise and so on.

Are there any instances where you'd want +spell damage (in the trinket slot for example)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Hi all

Firstly, please forgive my ignorance. I've been tanking happily on my warrior for ages but I want to level and gear up a protection paladin to help out my casual guild's raiding class balance (he's currently level 69)

My big question is: How similar is a warrior and a paladin's gear? I would say - extremely similar. But are there different choices you'd make? e.g. less / more focus on shield block rating, expertise and so on.

Are there any instances where you'd want +spell damage (in the trinket slot for example)

Thanks
    Hey Kirkus,

Paladin and Warrior gear is very similar except for a few suprising differences (the largest being the near-uselessness of Expertise). For a guide listing the best available pieces in each slot check my post here. I would suspect that if you look through the BiS choices there it will give you a good understanding of what stats you need to be looking for.

Specifically, in regards to Spell Power, the need for it has been almost entirely irradicated due to Touched by the Light and the weapon DPS scaling of Hammer of the Righteous but in extreme AoE/Consecrate situations (i.e. more then 3-4 mobs) a SP weapon does pull ahead for threat on the pack as a whole.
    Paladin --- "A paragon of chivalry; a heroic champion."
    <Journey> is recruiting, visit www.wowjourney.com for information and class needs.

Thanks a lot. That's exactly what I was looking for

+ Reply to Thread