+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Some Fine Tunning Help

Need Some Fine Tunning Help

Hello fellow meat shields,

I have been raiding 10 man Naxx as a MT and 25 man as an OT, have done VoA 10/25 as MT, OS 10 as MT and OS 25 as OT

Right now I am trying to boost my avoidance up a bit more, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

The World of Warcraft Armory

My Stats when in Frost Presence are as follows: 31533 HP, 28563 Armor (65.22% Damage Reduction)

Thanks for all the tips,

Chris

my first comment would be: wow so little strength!!!

Remember: strength = parry and threat output.

Also get your expertise caped, this means you won't get parried so no haste increase with bosses. Your hit score is low too.

HP is nice but you have to reach all the caps before going for the serious stuff.

Threat as never been an issue in any of the raids I have been in, as for Str, I keep Horn of Winter up all the time for the added 155 str and agil. I have been playing around with hit a bit, and I didn't do all that bad in naxx last night and I have heard a lot of different opinions on how high of a hit rating a tank needs ( was told around 5-7% last night )

If you're alliance, you can expect to have at least one draenei in your party when doing 25 man, so that gives you 1% hit. The cap is at 8% so 7% should be the target.

It also helps that my char is a draenei so looking at my hit stat, its at 172 = 5.25% chance to hit plus 1% racial bonus = 6.25%
    I did have my hit up over 200(almost 300) and between this week and last the only difference that I see is a few less DPS

Gear upgrades will give you the biggest boost. If you look at my armory I'm wearing almost every best in slot avoidance pieces. Some exceptions would be the helm and cloak. Those would be better replaced by Thane's Tainted Greathelm - Item - World of Warcraft and Platinum Mesh Cloak - Item - World of Warcraft however I'm wearing T7.5 for the set bonus and i just forgot to switch the cloak on my itemrack lol. Kyzoc's Ground Stompers - Item - World of Warcraft Can be bought with badges and you are wearing DPS bracers that can also be replaced with badge bracers, Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets - Item - World of Warcraft.

I also saw that you're gemming parry which is a mistake, don't do it ever. Dodge is always better to gem for, I personally wouldn't but if you want to here are the numbers.

At 80, 39.3 Dodge rating = 1% to dodge.
    At 80, 49.18 Parry rating = 1% to parry.

My personal Ratings before diminishing returns which also effects parry more than dodge.

450 dodge rating = 11.44%
    587 parry rating - 11.93%

As you can see the gain is nearly identical while it takes 137 more parry rating to achieve it. Bottom line, gem dodge instead of parry for avoidance.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Ok, the parry gems are gone and dodge gems are in place. I know the bracers and boots are the week spots right now as I am still saving emblems and I have not had any luck in the drop department on either of those

Aye, random loot tables are random, they'll fall into place eventually.

Agg's tanking guide

Is my apparent lack of str an issue? of will it all work out once I get my epic boots and bracers?

No your Strength is fine, it gets higher with gear. In my avoidance gear my strength is at 1035. You're in the 930 range if I recall correctly.

Agg's tanking guide

953 before HoW

+ Reply to Thread