+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gear and gems- the balancing act

gear and gems- the balancing act

Im trying to get my avoidance and expertise where they should be. How am I doing? I guess what I am tring to figure out I what sort of expertise and avoidance I should be aiming for. Any help would be Awesome!

The World of Warcraft Armory

Thank you in advance.
    Talani
    Last edited by Talani; 03-12-2009 at 09:34 AM.

gemming for parry is bad. don't do it.

Takes ~10 more rating to = 1% avoidance than dodge or defense

right I will replace that tonight night then Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Perhaps some more dodge is in order. How is my expertise doing? I read some of the guide and other post about it but I am just having the hardist time wrapping my head around it.

Well for one thing it says your character doesn't exist.
    But you need (I think) 24 (or 27) expertise to not have any attack dodged, and some number in the 50's to not be parried. If these attacks would go though they would cause more threat. Parry is especially bad because if you are parried, the boss's next attack is sped up. ( one reason why the Melee is required to stand behind most bosses )

I think if that's what you were asking I hope I answered

You scared me sir! logged in to check and make sure muh baby was still there.

I got rid of the parry gems last night and throw up +dodge ones, Which is more important avoidance or expertise?

Sorry, must have been the Armory screwing up again, but I tried it a few times.

Your gear looks decent, though I imagine you're in a threat set judging your block, and your dodge.

Get the Engineering Gun.
    The way I see it, when starting content you want to get avoidance first threat second, though when knocking parries off the table that is indeed avoidance, when starting I say health, defense (because some upgrades will put you below the cap) , avoidance... then look at threat once you're able to survive the encounters
    Last edited by Ewanar; 03-15-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: typos

+ Reply to Thread