+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tell me how im doing for gear :)

tell me how im doing for gear :)

rate my gear tell me how i am doing as far as gear wise please.
    i have been having trouble my healers keep telling me i am a pain in the ass to heal. even though im one of the top geared dk's on the server and i dont let adds get behind me. im just not sure whats going on why am i taking so much dmg?

You're probably taking alot of damage since you're a DW DK tank. You're not expertise capped so you probably see a decent amount of parries. When a boss parries he gains haste and his next attack will be faster. You could replace some of those 16 str gems with +8 expertise/12stam.

Unfortunately I don't know much about DK tanks (i'm a prot war), but from what I've read on forums, its way better to use a 2hander over duel wielding for a DK tank.

alright someone post who knows more about dk's and also i changed afew items chestpiece and im using a 2h. i regemmed for some dodge more as fun than anything but its actually seeming to help out alittle bit

Hi Zarala

Just wondering have you been using Death Strike within your rotation? I tanked on my level 73 Death Knight some what and found when I incorporated Death Strike it made my healer's job easier. I understand level 80 instances are different, but they are similar in some respects (I.e., similar rotations, you can be alittle loose as a tank on your rotations in normal instances in comparison to heroics where you need to be present physically and mentally.).

Hum, first get yourself def-caped. Relying on the sigil to fill in the 10 last points is not recommended. Also as a tank your talents are not optimal. There's IMO too much spent on boosting your damage where it could be spent on mitigation.

Start with removing Hysteria and take mark of blood instead.

Drop the 6 points of might of morgaine and blood gorged and you could also drop HS and epidemic, and put all that in frost and get frigid breastplate.

I know it's hard to let go of HS, but you're a tank, not a DPS, get over it. If your cycles are right, your threat output on single target should be sufficient.

All the rest is pretty nice. Wish I had your gear

Edit: on a side note, getting unbreakable armor is gravy if you have the guts to go hybrid :-)
    Last edited by jeango; 03-12-2009 at 06:18 AM.

jean i had the wrong rune on my weapon :P
    and mark of blood is useless now that it only has 20 charges and a 3 min cooldown.
    blue, its not heroics i get hit hard in its raids not heroics and in that case im taking damage from 4 mobs 1.5k heal wont help me that much when i can be using OB lol.

Hi, Zara
    I understand 1.5k heal isn't much but it certainly is better than nothing.

+ Reply to Thread