+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Main Tanking going into Ulduar

Main Tanking going into Ulduar

I'm currently the Main Warrior Tank for my guild, and one of our two main tanks (myself and a dk). I want to make sure my gear/threat potential are where they should be going into Ulduar. I currently have all stamina gems in, should i regem for something else? Any comments would be appreciated.

My armory: [link=http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Firetree&n=Armlessjoe[/link]
    Last edited by Armlessjoe; 03-11-2009 at 12:06 AM.

Hm does Kungen still gem for stamina or is there a reason why people still doing this?

Personally i gem 8exp/12sta in ewerywhere it matches, than stamina in blue and (im Jc) the prism in other gemcolors and gues what - im fine.

Anyway, your gear seems to be ok, hope you have some tps gear aswell - and you really shoud push your expertise^^

I would try to get alittle more expertise since you aren't soft capped yet. I would replace some of those 24 stams for +8exp/12 stams instead. You can get capped that way actually since you have like 7-8 +24 stams.

Other then that your gear looks fine, although I would recommend getting Accuracy over a weapon chain on LL, and Tuskerrs to boots.
    Last edited by Kataztrophe; 03-13-2009 at 12:29 AM.

How about now?

Seem to be in your arena gear
    Playing a warrior tank well is its own reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Kree View Post
    Hm does Kungen still gem for stamina or is there a reason why people still doing this?
    Anyway, your gear seems to be ok, hope you have some tps gear aswell - and you really shoud push your expertise^^
    Haha that is so true:P

Unless you have some gear you switch out (Ie. the Repelling charge) Personally I say get rid of the def and stam gems and try and find a way to get the first cap of expertise. You're block is rather low, but heath is decent.

Personally I'd say unless it's a stam socket bonus (or defense if you need the extra) you can skip the def & stam gems, I think you need 24 expertise to make so you can't be dodged. Though don't quote me on that.

Your health pool is high, but avoidance stats seem rather low. But work with what you got!
    **edit** also, with toughness maxed you gain more Attack power, though it may be a small amount ( haven't checked ) AP = more damage = more threat

+ Reply to Thread