+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TankSpot News

TankSpot News

The site skin advertisement is no longer running. Because of browser caching, some users may still see it. Just reload your page!

The new template is still getting tweaks. I'm debating on adding transparency back and repositioning the title and search to take up less vertical space.

On tanking news: I've been working on a series of movies on general Tanking, which should be relevant to all classes. After these movies are complete, I'll be branching off into Protection Warrior movies.

In the near future, our movies may be hosted by Machinima.com. If this happens, it would have the practical impact of putting our movies into a different location on YouTube. To help with this, I'll start making use of Playlists on my YouTube channel, and I'll make sure I put up movie notices so our channel subscribers still know when new movies come out.

So much better, looking forward to those movies!

I'd like the background to show through more. Seems wasted behind the forum stuff. Otherwise you've done an excellent job as always!
    Vexed
    Bronzebeard - US

=D more movies, even better they are about warriors!

Great idea about tanking movies, will you post a notification on the forums when the movies are out?
    Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
    Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaa View Post
    Great idea about tanking movies, will you post a notification on the forums when the movies are out?
    Yep, always!

I guess I may be alone, but I really don't like static backgrounds. They seem to have loading and scrolling issues in firefox. Plus having a dark background draws away from the content in the middle.

What exact version of Firefox are you running and what type of computer do you have?

I'd like to come with a proposal for a collaboration - something that might make the marmot-project even more appealing to the wow-community as a whole.

I was inspired by the old How To 3D Void Reaver instructional video. It motivated me to go ahead and try to create videos alike for WotLK.

The tactics for the present bosses seems to be well-known at the moment, so I made a video regarding Hodir while I was watching a stream.
    Mind this was from the first testing-round.
    I've put ~1 hour of work into animation and editing, afterwhich I didn't feel like making the blizzards appear several times + doing kite-paths + higher resolution etc., as long as the fight isn't official.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yodAYpPp_-M]YouTube - Hodir[/ame]

If you feel like this could contribute Marmot in a positive way, I'd be more than happy to do thy bidding and if you think you have enough to worry about as it is, I wont blame you - good looking movies doesn't appear magically (I too am a user of Premiere Elements).

Generally my complaint is that it takes a long time for the page to be displayed once I hit it. This is due to the large number of CSS and JS files that have to be downloaded. Yes, it's faster on subsequent visits when those files are cached, but my work firefox is set up to destroy cached files on exit. Therefore I have to redownload the JS and CSS files constantly. It would be better to zip them and provide them as one compressed (non human readable) file.

Firebug says:
    "uncaught exception: Error calling method on NPObject! [plugin exception: Error in Actionscript. Use a try/catch block to find error.]."

Aside from that what takes the longest to load is the doubleclick ad cookie.

Placing external JavaScript files at the bottom of your BODY, and CSS files in the HEAD enables progressive display in XHTML web pages.

Performance Research, Part 1: What the 80/20 Rule Tells Us about Reducing HTTP Requests Yahoo! User Interface Blog

Not sure if you run PHP, but here's a link to a script that works for that.

I'm running firefox 3.0.7 on a windows xp computer (1.6Ghz, 2GB RAM), ethernet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
    Generally my complaint is that it takes a long time for the page to be displayed once I hit it. This is due to the large number of CSS and JS files that have to be downloaded. Yes, it's faster on subsequent visits when those files are cached, but my work firefox is set up to destroy cached files on exit. Therefore I have to redownload the JS and CSS files constantly. It would be better to zip them and provide them as one compressed (non human readable) file.
    I can see where you're coming from but, as you say yourself, your complaint stems from your settings. Most users aren't deleting their cache every time they close their browser.

It is also irrelevant to your original complaint, which was that you don't like static backgrounds because they're causing scrolling issues for you. Since you're running XP and you've got an updated version of Firefox 3 where static background processing has been fixed, there's nothing obvious that would be causing this other than the computer specs. More feedback from other members with slower desktops or laptops who choose to run Firefox would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by izziT View Post
    I'd like to come with a proposal for a collaboration - something that might make the marmot-project even more appealing to the wow-community as a whole.

I was inspired by the old How To 3D Void Reaver instructional video. It motivated me to go ahead and try to create videos alike for WotLK.

The tactics for the present bosses seems to be well-known at the moment, so I made a video regarding Hodir while I was watching a stream.
    Mind this was from the first testing-round.
    I've put ~1 hour of work into animation and editing, afterwhich I didn't feel like making the blizzards appear several times + doing kite-paths + higher resolution etc., as long as the fight isn't official.

YouTube - Hodir

If you feel like this could contribute Marmot in a positive way, I'd be more than happy to do thy bidding and if you think you have enough to worry about as it is, I wont blame you - good looking movies doesn't appear magically (I too am a user of Premiere Elements).
    Izzit, send Lore a quick PM about this so he can take a look (tell him I said to!).

thanks for all your input and dedication to the websiter Ciderhelm - my long lost buddy from Cenarius server

+ Reply to Thread