+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unholy spec

Unholy spec

Im a convert from a frost dk because i hear unholy is where it is at for threat gen. Ive been using this spec httpTalent Calculator - World of Warcraft (would link armory but im dps ALOT). i was wondering what suggestions you might have.
    Also whats good gear i should be looking at to get in 10man naxx. I have fairly gear (is there anyway to post an armory/charcter w/o it changing everytime i change gear?) and was looking to see what i should get.
    Im starting to ot 10man naxx and os.
    My rotations go something like this:
    AoE: DnD,PS,IT,Pest,BB, and either Unholy Blight or CE dumps
    Single: IT,PS, BS, OB, rinse and repeat with RS dumps whenever they pop
    Last edited by Myddraal; 03-09-2009 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myddraal View Post
    Im a convert from a frost dk because i hear unholy is where it is at for threat gen. Ive been using this spec httpTalent Calculator - World of Warcraft (would link armory but im dps ALOT). i was wondering what suggestions you might have.
    Your talent breakdown looks pretty good. I'd drop OaPH and CE and pick up 3/3 in BCB. OaPH and CE are pretty situational in my experience, and you can get around the need for OaPH with IBF and racials. (I always forget that not everyone is a human...)

Also, Magic Surpression and AMZ is HIGHLY Situational. Especially after the AMZ nerf in 3.1. I'd recommend dropping that and picking up Imp IT and either go down to Lichborne in Frost or grab 2/2 in vicious strikes and Gargoyle.

Also whats good gear i should be looking at to get in 10man naxx. I have fairly gear (is there anyway to post an armory/charcter w/o it changing everytime i change gear?) and was looking to see what i should get.
    I'm not sure I understand the question. Did you mean, "what gear should I get so that I can tank naxx?" or "What gear should I get inside of naxx?" If it's the former, check out Wowinsider's guide to getting Naxx-ready:
    Lichborne: Gearing up to tank Naxxramas

If it's the latter...get items that are upgrades to your current gear. If you're not sure, go to Wowhead, type "Naxxramas" in the search field, click on the Zone tab, look at the loot. When you find a piece that you think might be an upgrade, use Wowhead's awesome "Compare" tool to see if it is. Also, remember to factor in Diminishing returns on stats like Dodge and Parry.

Im starting to ot 10man naxx and os.
    My rotations go something like this:
    AoE: DnD,PS,IT,Pest,BB, and either Unholy Blight or CE dumps
    Single: IT,PS, BS, OB, rinse and repeat with RS dumps whenever they pop
    Your AoE rotation looks good. Please prioritize Unholy Blight at the end of your first and third rotation, it should have 100% uptime. Use Rune Strike for your RP Dump, unless UB is down or about to go down. Also, make sure you're keeping BB up...but you already know that.

Your single rotation...please take Obliterate off of your bar, and where OB used to be, put Scourge Strike. Your new single target rotation is:
    IT>PS>BS>BS>SS
    SS>SS>SS
    Rinse, repeat. For a boss fight, I'd put UB up after the first rotation.
    If you're struggling with Aggro on single targets, drop a BS and SS from the first rotation and start off with DnD, like this:
    DnD > IT > PS > BS -- RS/UB
    BS > SS > SS -- RS

The only problem with that rotation is that it leaves a weird Death rune floating around...but if you're struggling a lot with keeping aggro for the first few seconds, it'll help.

+ Reply to Thread