+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tankadin Gemming

Tankadin Gemming

Hey everyone. I just have a few simple questions about prot paladin gemming for certain sets.

What gems/stats would be the best choice for each of the following sets?

Avoidance
    Block Value

Ive read many warrior guides on gemming, and learned stacking defense gems is best for avoidance, stacking strength gems is best for block value)... but that's for a warrior.

So since i haven't seen any guides regarding tankadin stat mechanics, i have no idea which direction to go in for gemming.

Could someone shed some light on this subject? Would be greatly appreciated.

The same rules apply to us. I don't know if I'd go so far as to gem my BV set with all strength, but I do have a couple just to meet meta requirements.

Generally it's going to be the same, although I think it's unnecessary for a Paladin to gem for expertise. My preference on gems are ...

Regal Twilight Opal - Regal Twilight Opal - Item - World of Warcraft
    Enduring Forest Emerald - Enduring Forest Emerald - Item - World of Warcraft
    Champion's Monarch Topaz - Champion's Monarch Topaz - Item - World of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalken View Post
    "I'll let the dragon hit me in the face, you stab it in the ass."

I should have asked this in my first post, but does strength improve block value? if so, is it worth using a lot of strength gems in my block set?

Yes, you get 1 block value for every 2 strength. However, it's still not worth gemming strength more than the requirements for your meta gem really.

great. that's what i need to know. tyvm

+ Reply to Thread