+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AP Debuff PVE Numbers

AP Debuff PVE Numbers

Our current main tank is a warrior who has not been keeping up demoralizing shout. Before I confront him about it I wanted to find at least some general numbers about how useful it is. I have been trying to do some research on this but I have found very little information on the topic so my questions are;

1. How much does a non-improved AP Debuff reduce average boss physical damage?

2. Is the increased damage reduction from a warlock who has speced into it worth the loss of damage from not being able to use a damage curse?

Thanks for the help.

I have no idea - I have to admit I have difficulty keeping it up on my mobs as well. I haven't found an add-on that shows missing warrior debuffs well, i.e. thunderclap and demo shout, and buffs like commanding shout - if anyone has help with it - I'm could use the tip! Thanks in advance

Auracle (Was: AuraHUD) - WowAce Forums

on the note of tracking your own buffs/debuffs, Auricle is probably what you're after.

Wait, is there a reason why you would ask your MT to keep it up? I mean, he can ... but wouldn't a fury warrior specced with 5/5 imp demo (or 2/5) be a better choice?

Quote Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
    Wait, is there a reason why you would ask your MT to keep it up? I mean, he can ... but wouldn't a fury warrior specced with 5/5 imp demo (or 2/5) be a better choice?
    Sure and I realise that but we are currently lacking a fury warrior or a bear for that matter (although we do have several warlocks).

The thread mentioned does look good although I would have loved to see the damage without dem shout since it is hard to replicate that exact data because of armour values. although the maths suggest that it is worth around 2387.5 damage off each hit. I guess the second question would be is this reduction done as a percentage of damage dealt or as a flat value taken off each hit? I would assume the former but I certainly don't know enough about boss attack power to be sure.

ty

Ty for the tip about the add-on! I'll try it out!

Hmmm I tried it and couldn't find auricle on curse.com or wowmatrix? Is it spelling right?

+ Reply to Thread