+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Split Greathammer vs Red Sword of Courage

Split Greathammer vs Red Sword of Courage

Hello fellow tankers,

I've got a question regarding a tank weapon. At the moment i've got enough defense to equip any weapon i want, so i decided to roll for the Split Greathammer. (and i won it and i lost like 15 tank items that are better then my current :s) back to the point now. My question is:
    Is it wiser to use the Split Greathammer or the Red Sword or Courage???

Split Greathammer - Item - World of Warcraft hammer time
    Red Sword of Courage - Item - World of Warcraft red sword (period sword)

The hammer gives me a lot of expertise and crit for more threat and lesser be dodged. Those are good stats for a warrior tank and atm ive equiped the hammer.

Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory

loss of str and stm, comes off as a dps weapon to me, probably not the worst weap to tank with tho. if you feel you really need the exp (very unjust reason to call it a tanking weap tho)
    Your ad could be here.

it is not ment for being a tank weapon, but it got some nice stats that a warrior tank could use. My question if it is worth to get the dps hammer as main weapon or stick to the redsword

Use it as a threat weapon when you don't need added survivability.
    Told you so.

Both are similar, 2.5 expertise isn't anything spectacular, it has crit and AP for threat, I'd say go for it if you don't have a hard time with survivability and are looking more for threat/dps. If you are having problems with survivability go for red sword
    Your ad could be here.

ok thanks, the information i needed ^^

Not a tank weapon but I have been using it for a while on trash and in heroics doesn't seem to bad.
    grinding in the African bush...........

Tanked Maly with the hammer, good for threat generating

I use Angry Dread - Item - World of Warcraft in the same fashion. When I very little chance of being killed.

If you're below 26 expertise, I like the hammer a lot for threat.

If you're above 26 expertise, I like the red sword for just about everything, and would only use the split for heroics and trash (since it would be more DPS, even if the threat's a little lower).

The reason? Below 26 expertise, 1 expertise rating = 2 hit rating. Thus, with the hammer you're getting 42 "hit rating" worth, compared to 26 on the sword. Above 26 expertise, 1 expertise rating = 1 hit rating, and so you're losing 5 hit worth on the hammer. And I like the hit more than extra crit for a threat set, even though it's a lot of crit and only a little hit. Mostly because miss streaks at the start of the fight are more bad than crits at the start of the fight are good.

+ Reply to Thread