+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defense and Blood Craze

Defense and Blood Craze

I've been searching around, and I saw someone write something I hadn't quite seen before. Does Defense work the same way as Resilience regarding crits turned into normal hits? (Enrage can still proc if a crit is turned into a normal hit via Resilience) Looking forward to Ulduar, if Blood Craze in the Fury tree was allowed to proc, and our Health was in the 45,000 range, we'd have a constant 450/Second heal ticking on us. Also, through the wording, if we hit Last Stand and were "Crit", it'd be up to 600 per Second.

Quickly thrown together version, switch around what you like:

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Probably not game breaking, but it sure seems like it could help early progression to have this free healing running on us at all times. But, if Defense doesn't act that way regarding crits, then it's moot of course.
    <Top Gun> - Boulderfist

Blood craze procs off of crits. If you get crit by a boss in ulduar then instead of eating a 15-20k hit you eat a 30-40k hit... goodluck taking that with any combination of hits, completely randomly throughout the fight. I dont think a tick of blood craze at 100k health would be worth the retarded amounts of damage you would be getting shocked with.

Edit: Just to throw it out there as i quickly read your post the first time. Defense and resil do the same thing by reducing your chance to be crit. 5.6% being the uncritable by bosses level. The difference is that resil lowers how much you are crit for by a percentage and defense rating increases avoidance/mitigation stats. Either way, getting crit by a boss is bad.
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

The idea is still interesting. I'm curious myself now, if for no other reason then to play around.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Either way, getting crit by a boss is bad.

I don't think you're understanding the question. He's asking if when your crit-capped defense skill prevents a critical hit from happening, is the engine still aware that it otherwise would have been a crit and processes on-incoming-crit abilities accordingly. If that were the case, you would still only eat the 15K-20K normal hit rather than the 30K-40K crit, but Blood Craze would proc as if you were crit.

I don't know what the actual behavior is, but my gut guess is that on-incoming-crit abilities will never proc on a 540+ defense warrior. I suspect the crit-that's-not-really-a-crit functionality was only added to resilience.

I see, my mistake for misunderstanding the OP. I suppose if you were to get the 5.6% by using resil then you COULD trigger the enrage effect from bloodcraze... but I dont ever recall seeing anything off the top of my head about blood craze proc'ing from that. either way you would be forced to dumb your gear down to get there. The system calculating the difference between the resil non-crit and the defense non-crit really doesnt make much sense to me though...
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

Yeah, I can't get in game yet, I suppose a simple Respec and stand there would be the best chance to see if it works. Or if someone was Fury at the moment and wanted to try it out, that would work too. Once I get home from the ol' job I can give it a shot.
    <Top Gun> - Boulderfist

Is it possible to transfer to the PTR and try this out?

For the supremely gold conscience of course. I guess this test wouldn't cost more than 100g and you could *also* test if a spec including Blood Craze would be viable to tank with.

Something like this maybe? Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft.

If I had some time to block out, I'd run a few heroics with this spec to see if it worked or not. Or someone could be inspired and do it for us...

blood craze proc is based on the person who is attacking u's crit rating. It used to be on a crit, but because of resi they changed it and will just randomly proc now, regardles sof wether u took a crit or not, the game calculates it from as if you had no crit defense at all.

+ Reply to Thread