+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3.1 and S5

3.1 and S5

[blizzard]We are nearing the end of Arena Season 5, which is currently scheduled to end with or shortly after the release of the next major content update, patch 3.1. A more specific date will be announced as we draw closer to the release of the patch.

As a general reminder, all Arena points will be reset with the start of Arena Season 6, but honor points will remain. [/blizzard]
    Source: World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Arena Season 5 Drawing to an End

Normal "Disclaimer"

3.1 will maybe come out in a month? From what I've seen about Ulduar's bugs and such yet I can't really see them releasing 3.1 within the month at all.

Seasons normally last 5-6 months sometimes stretching as long as 7 months (rare). Season 5 started what... late december early january? I don't expect it to end till May at the earliest, expect 3.1 around that time, that leaves a good 2 months for 3.1 testing still, totally doable.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I can't wait for season 6. This one was just horribly executed...

Meh, i wouldn't say that, it had it's hiccups with the introduction of the hidden rating, and then of course, the PVE gear > PvP gear in certain aspects because people didn't have high enough resilience. but it all balances out near the end of the seasons and in the 2nd season of wotlk it'll feel a lot more like seasons 2 3 4 where as our current season feels and follows the trends of season 1.

I'd still maintain that with the whole burst issue, the new rating system, the roller coaster of class changes, and the poorly-thought-out gear situation, it was a pretty "bad" season. I expected better, but I certainly don't hold it against them or anything.

I'm pretty confident that S6 will be a lot of fun, now that S5 has had time to bring the major PvP issues to light. Most especially, the PvP rating requirement changes make me happy.

it always balances out after the first season, and the burstiness is always there, happened in season 1 as well when PvE just way outclassed PvP gear's survivability, especially since no one had PvP gear that early into the season. I'll agree it wasn't ideal of a season, people who jumped on the band wagon early on got to profit really quickly and hold on while things settled. That always happens though.

How goes the arena, and life in general?

Finally found a dedicated PvP partner and trying to get started really late into the season Kaz, doing okay so far, getting back into the game, skill coming back, as much as skills and gear change from wotlk release. The advice you give always remains the same. Protect your teammate, and kill pets. haha and Sunder armor still kicks ass... at least until it gets changed to % reduction in 3.1 =( I don't think Bloodwraith has been playing much since warriors are just so bad now =(

we represent 2-3% of the top rated teams population in the world... =( DKs represent over 45%. Fury has become the new pvp standard spec. Prot is decent, and arms is the least desirable. =T Dunno what else to say really =T We need you back to guide us to victory!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaganthi View Post
    How goes the arena, and life in general?
    After getting pretty frustrated with arms, I decided to level up recruit a friend alts and I got one of every class to 60. And now I've been leveling my DK, it's 71 now, once I get it to 80, I think I'll make it my main. The class/spells are just so much cooler to me than warriors are.

You've turned to the darkside BW! YOUVE CHANGED!!!!!!!

Kaz! come back and rescue us from this fate! ;x

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    You've turned to the darkside BW! YOUVE CHANGED!!!!!!!

Kaz! come back and rescue us from this fate! ;x
    Are you speaking in the third person?

Edit: Dur there's another Kaz in this thread! WTF?!

people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

lol,

/facepalm Opti

I'm sorry kaz, the playstyle is more fun that warrior so far

Protection warrior pvp playstyle, for me, is way more fun than arms or fury PvP. However, I may be biased because of how much I enjoy tanking, and it also being my raid role. Although I have pvp'd quite a bit as the traditional warrior specs/playstyle, getting gladiator last season as arms.

I'm still waiting for a reliable, dedicated arena healer, to really see how it goes. I guess I'm not adding anything to this conversation, other than saying to bloodwraith that the protection pvp playstyle may be worth trying, rather than switching mains!
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

DKs are basically the result of all the changes Warriors were requesting. Plate armor, damage that goes through armor, effective self-healing, utility, and superior defensive abilities.

Oh well. They can't use shields. Sissies.

finally getting a good pvp healer has re-ignited my pvp love. We went 12-1 last night before hitting a rough spot and finishing the night at 14-6. still not bad, got my hateful legs, around 600 resil now. gemming and enchanting for resil while I fill in other slots with PVE gear. seems to be working right now. I'm liking fury a lot, i hated it when i first tried it especially when 3.0 was on the ptr pre-wotlk hence my negative write up on it in the bloodyonoma guide but with the right gear and good usage of cd's and heroic fury I've been decimating teams sometimes 3 shotting clothies with a white swing, whirlwind bloodthirst combo.

lol,

/facepalm Opti
    Is that sorta like, "Hey, did you know that if your hand is bigger than your face, that means you're going to die young?"

"Oh really? *puts hand up to face to see if it's bigger*"

*Slaps his hand into his face*

Or, is that more of a pimp-slap?

more of the pimp slap =P

I'm the ancient Kaz.:P Truth is I'm not sure if I will ever be able to play again. Girlfriend, studying, work keeps me waaay to busy. However if I do play again, I will still be a warrior. You have your good times and your bad times with every class. I'd stick with it Blood....there are times though when I do miss my hunter. I played hunters when they truly sucked...right at the start of the game. Still, my best memories, are of kiting 40 horde across the barrens all the way to Darnassus. Back then there was only one player that could kill me...his name was Foxhound and he was a warrior.. At the same time the hunter forums were full of people screaming about how broken the class was....it's all in how you use what you got. My other best memories are of destroying an entire wsg team with my thunderfury on my second warrior..

+ Reply to Thread