+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank Turned Fury!?

Tank Turned Fury!?

So as a protection - spec warrior tank, I often find myself with some extra chances at DPS gear, So I started my own to hopefully take a break from tanking.

The World of Warcraft Armory

(note: it might have changed back since i respecced prot for friends... so here is a list)

Armor:
    Spiked Titansteel Helm - +27 Str gem (no meta), +50Ap & +20crit rating
    Pendant of Outcast Hero
    Spaulders of The Giant Lords
    Ice Striker's Cloak
    Hero's Dreadnaught Battleplate - +16 str, +16 str
    Dragonfiend Bracers
    Hero's Dreadnaught Gauntlets - +16 str
    Flame-bathed Steel Girdle - + 16 str
    Staggering Legplates - +27 str, +27 str
    Death-inured Sabatons - +16 str, +16 str

Ring:
    Ruthlessness
    Ring of Scarlet Shadows - +16 str

Trinkets:
    Meteorite Whetstone
    Mirror of Truth

Weapons:
    MH - Titansteel Destroyer - +85AP
    OH - Claymore of Ancient Power - +85AP
    Range - Nerubian Conquerer

-------------------

Stats
    18/53/0 - basic cookie cutter fury build
    317 hit rating ~9.67%
    3340 AP
    29.85% crit
    9 expertise

so my question obviously is...any blatantly obvious upgrades i could do? i am a bit discouraged as I ran a pug 10man the other night and could barely manage 1800dps. I know my gear isn't the greatest or i may have an over inflated view of fury dps, but i feel i should easily pull 2k dps. trash pulls and what not are understandable but boss fights is what i'm more concerned about.

from everybody i've talked to my rotation is correct - Bloodthirst > WW priority, Slam on proc (damn thats hard to see), and HS/Cleave depending on situation when above 50 rage. Any help is greatly apreciated.
    /readycheck
    /cast Charge

I recently did the same thing and had the same problems to begin with.

I did 3200 zone wide on naxx25 full clear tonight.

First up. Priority is WW > BT > Slam Proc. If you have the HS glyph, then HS. Personally I went with improved cleave spec, and i glyph cleave and i use cleave for my rage dump, except on single targets (bosses) with no ads.

Secondly, Hit is WAY WAY too high. 185 will let all your specials (yellow hits) hit, anything more really just helps with riage gen.

Crit is way low... try getting some gear/trinkets with it on.

Expertise is your number one stat untill you reach softcap. (26). look for this over STR/Crit anytime.

Expertise is what is hurting you right now. Drop hit and get expertise. Even drop a little AP to get it.

Lastly, you are missing your enchants, get them, they make a lot of difference.

To show you, here is what I started with about a week ago.

and here I am after upgrades tonight. Need to regem for Exp a little.

I was a Prot Tank abotu a week and a half ago. I enjoy Fury, don't think I will go back.
    Last edited by Warwench; 03-07-2009 at 11:25 PM. Reason: added pics.

Just a note, as I said in the other thread: The Expertise cap is either 26 without talents, or 18 with talents. The idea is to get to -6.5% chance to be dodged.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwench View Post

what kind of calculator is that and where can i find it?

that is the Fury DPS Spreadsheet from Elitist Jerks.com and it's amazing.

Takes a little getting used too, but it measures SEP on a sliding scale based on your current gear, and then lets you sort the "lookup" gear lists based on what stats you need.

IE Pre Last nights gear upgrades, i was over the Exp min, so my Exp SEP value was 0. I got a couple of upgrades, reran the SEP calculation and it put my SEP value for ExP and 1.15 and showed me what gear could help me bridge that gap.

This morning I am going to model some changes for +16 STR to +16 ExP and see how that changes things.

but yeah, look on EJ for the Fury spreadsheet and spend a little time with it. (also a godly way of learning more about spreadsheets, the guy who put this together is a genius and I wish there was one for Prot Warriors).

Indeed it is awsome^^

Im prot too and wish to have stuff like that for prot calc ^^ but, dual spec is comeing so it will be nice to have that stuff to help myself doing dmg.
    Thx for info!

So the reason my dps is low is because my expertise is low? and as you can see i haven't gemmed for hit or expertise. so it would be safe to change some of the str gems for expertise? if thats the cases what is a good AP that I should try not to go below? And i know enchants help. i'm still working on farming mats for them and the like ^_^
    /readycheck
    /cast Charge

+ Reply to Thread