+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 102.4% - Unhittable as a Warrior

grats! and i've gotta go update my guide with that helm enchant I think.
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

I've had 0.53% to go for weeks; there are just a few items that don't seem to be dropping

Grats Cider!
    Mourning Nightfall since 2.4.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Theorycrafters: See something where another Wrath of the Lich King item would be better suited? Please let me know!
    Barrel-Blade Longrifle is best for this, and Cra Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer is second-best, due to sockets (both level 70 BoE). Armor Plated Combat Shotgun is 3rd.
    Barrel-Blade Longrifle - Item - World of Warcraft
    Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer - Item - World of Warcraft
    Armor Plated Combat Shotgun - Item - World of Warcraft

Titanium Earthguard Ring is better than Signet of the Impregnable Fortress I think.
    Titanium Earthguard Ring - Item - World of Warcraft
    Signet of the Impregnable Fortress - Item - World of Warcraft

Terrace Defence Boots (blue, from heroic DtK I think) are better than Inexorable Sabatons, but you might not want to delve out of the realm of raid gear.
    Terrace Defence Boots - Item - World of Warcraft
    Inexorable Sabatons - Item - World of Warcraft
    Last edited by Timetheos; 03-08-2009 at 12:54 PM.
    Mourning Nightfall since 2.4.2.

I think being a BS/JC gives an extra 65 defense rating, due to the 27 defense gems and the extra two sockets.

Anyone achieve 102.4% without being either of those professions?

~ Morpheus

Only 8 Expertise and 69 Hit rating makes me a sad panda. I pretty much got the same gear except I use T7 shoulders instead of the BR ones you do (could be wrong, what with DRs and all, but when I did the math between T7 and those shoulders T7 pulled ahead because it offered the same "unhittable %" while having more pure avoidance).
    Also we have about 0 Maexx bracer drops so far, so still waiting for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Timetheos View Post
    Barrel-Blade Longrifle is best for this, and Cra Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer is second-best, due to sockets (both level 80 BoE). Armor Plated Combat Shotgun is 3rd.

Titanium Earthguard Ring is better than Signet of the Impregnable Fortress I think.

Terrace Defence Boots (blue, from heroic DtK I think) are better than Inexorable Sabatons, but you might not want to delve out of the realm of raid gear.
    good call! The main difference between Inexorable Sabatons and the heroic boots is the extra block value... I'll probably include the blue ones in the guide for those who can't cough up 1k for the boe epic boots.

Comparing the two boots:
    Inexorable Sabatons advantage: 16 str, 91 armor, 77 block value
    Terrace Defence Boots advantage: 17 defense

on the gun slot...
    #1. Armor Plated Combat Shotgun: 1 socket, plus 21 defense rating.
    #2. Barrel-Blade Longrifle: 2 sockets, plus 16 agility.
    #3. Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer 1 socket.
    Last edited by Halandir; 03-07-2009 at 05:09 PM.

~ Morpheus

I may be stupid. . . but what does it do? Does it mean no mob can hit you? You stay at 100% HP all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Leytur View Post
    I may be stupid. . . but what does it do? Does it mean no mob can hit you? You stay at 100% HP all the time?

No hit that is unmodified. Everything that gets past avoidance on the attack table is blocked by shield so mitigated by your BV. Nothing hits you for full damage.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

I've been working on the same set but without JC i'm stuck in the 90's

Congratz to Cinderhelm for achieving the value.

However, if it's possible in "normal" gear... you know what i'm expecting from Ulduar gear.
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

Funny thing is blizz said something like this couldnt be done again .. and here we are with Tier 7 lvl gear ... I guess avoidance is too high atm *wink*

hmm... Nightelves' Quickness racial isn't affected by diminishing returns on miss chance, right?

avoidance isn't too high, because he's not unhittable... just that he blocks all hits below so much dmg (i understand why use the term unhittable). I'm pretty sure Blizz doesn't care if you can block everything - they just dont want Avoidance (not block) to be so high as to never get hit.

uncrushable imo
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Like Cinderhelm said; the set he's wearing has no practical applications pretty mutch at all. A shame realy. It would make up for mutch of the "imbalance" in certain encounters if warriors could go unhitable to add a some more reliable EH from BV. Seeing the lengths to which you would have to gimp yoursef to reach unhitable as a warrior, and the stats on the rating gear, makes me want to gouge my eyes out and eat my keyboard. Well, I will just, like everyone else, keep stacking BV for my farming/10man gear, and avoidance/stamina for almmost everything else.

Must say tho; I wantet to try this some time ago, but i ended up writing it of as impossible :s Kudos for prooving me so wrong. :bow

Hi Guys, I have to post on this. Out of interest Cider, whats your Shield Slam critting for with Recklessness > Shield Block > Lavanthors Talisman popped?

I've just looked at my own SBV and its 1120(ish) unbuffed, with Recklessness > Shield Block > Lavanthors Tailsman I can crit 8-10k with Shield Slam twice within the duration of Recklessness.

I've read (but never seen myself) that there are alot more kiting/raid positioning boss encounters in the up and coming Ulduar raid...maybe requiring high burst dmg and additional add tanking. Maybe this set would be useful for that, just throwing ideas out here.

Someone also made a commemt (Can't see who sorry) About this being useful for Gluth. The best thing I've come across for gluth adds would be Piercing Howl, You can easily Kite/Tank these adds as a Prot Warrior and have less than 25 stacks at the end...well thats me anyway, I bet some of you could kite them with less than 10 stacks...theres a challenge.

I'm going to add to this abit more...It would be interesting to see this set HEAVY stacked with STR to increase actual SBV. I'd love to see the Shield Slam crit dmg on this. Maybe 12k+ Crits? Hell that would be intresting against a clothy in PvP. Example:

*This is Just Theory*

Mr. Rogue has 20-23k HP and say 20% DMG mitigation via resilience.

Charge > Bloodrage > Devastate x5 > Concusion Blow > Improved Disarm > Shield Block > Lavanthors > Recklessnes > Shield Slam > ShockWave (Which from what i can tell does NOT take a Recklessness stack away from you, but also dosen't get the crit increase) > Shield Slam.

Thats a MASSIVE ammount of dmg even taking into account Resilience. Acctually pulling this off in an Arena/PvP encounter will be very difficult, to say the least.

Again just thoughts.

If you could pull that off then rogues would QQ alday about it being OP.. J/K

Thats really damn impressive Cider, and if i remember right didn't blizz or GC say they were trying to make all tanks more useful for encounters some more then othes for certain ones?? Maybe this is something that could be made use of to take into account just how much of a survival increase something like this is, and with the detractions keeping it from being truely OP.

Such a set (not in this extreme form) is already useful for tanking adds on Sarth.

Signet of the Last Defender - Item - World of Warcraft > Signet of the Impregnable Fortress - Item - World of Warcraft for block+avoid % ?

By my paper math (which is poor at best) you could have done it without leveling JCing or waiting for the maex bracers to drop.

+ Reply to Thread