+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 102.4% - Unhittable as a Warrior

102.4% - Unhittable as a Warrior

My Armory should continue to show this set over the weekend for those looking to see the items. Halandir has also updated his Best in Slot guide for an Unhittable set. This has about 1241 Block Value without further buffs.

This was achieved with both Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting. Most of the set items are not part of either my Hit/Expertise set or my Stam/Avoidance set for progression, so I'm not taking an enormous hit to my overall performance. Two pieces had to use significantly worse enchants than normal (Bracers and Shield). I could possibly relieve part of this with Bindings of the Hapless Prey from Maexxna, the only remaining Block Rating piece missing in this set.

The macro in my chat log is Satrina's Avoidance macro. It accounts for the heavy diminishing returns on Miss that Whitetooth determined earlier.

What good does this set do? Not much. The pieces Blizzard implemented are so heavily penalized in both Damage/Threat and Stamina that they offer virtually no advantages in raid content. The penalty on Damage and Rage is large enough that this set really isn't good for AOE trash pulls. At the very least, though, this is still good for multi-target solo'ing, and there are AOE grinding areas that make the effort worth it.

The bottom line: It is stupidly difficult to acquire everything needed to hit 102.4% as a Warrior. This, of course, is why I was motivated to do it.

Theorycrafters: See something where another Wrath of the Lich King item would be better suited? Please let me know!

What's your SBV in that set?

~1241. Edited into original post.

months behind <3

I prefer a set with more BV that reaches unhittable in a raid setting though

edit: also due to diminishing returns on miss, which isn't shown on char sheet, it's probably not unhittable unless you have raid buffs, in your set
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

You really do have too much time on your hands :P

By that, I mean, you have no idea how jealous I am right now...

Good job...I didn't think it was actually possible.
    http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/5930002RGVDu.png
    It's not about causing more dmg, it's about taking more...
    Shad˛w Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    months behind <3

I prefer a set with more BV that reaches unhittable in a raid setting though
    Your chardev profile was still short that last 3%! That's the hardest stretch!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Your chardev profile was still short that last 3%! That's the hardest stretch!
    that's cause like I said, I count raid buffs for it, which given the context of most discussions about it, was fine

you could probably eek out a bit more actual avoidance not on the steep miss DR if you used the old-world dodge/defense helm enchant
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    edit: also due to diminishing returns on miss, which isn't shown on char sheet, it's probably not unhittable unless you have raid buffs, in your set
    He's using the macro that takes DR on miss into account
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

The Miss DR is factored in on this. I used the updated Avoidance macro (I'm actually significantly over 102.4 on my profile, counting the 5% miss).

Kind of hate myself for asking this but I don't even remember the dodge/defense helm enchant. What name?

W O W. And congrats. Looks like I have at least 4 or 5 of those pieces sitting around...

Kind of hate myself for asking this but I don't even remember the dodge/defense helm enchant. What name?
    Arcanum of the Defender - Item - World of Warcraft
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

The bottom line: It is stupidly difficult to acquire everything needed to hit 102.4% as a Warrior. This, of course, is why I was motivated to do it.
    That pretty much sums up most warrior tank side projects.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

post macrooooo
    nevermind, i just pulled a veneretio
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Arcanum of the beaten to it by Satrina....

I have this set also... it's great for tanking zombies in Gluth. Also good for zombiefest! and killing rhinos in storm peaks. Also fun to duel a rogue

the old head enchant (CoT) should be superior for this purpose

hehe - i similarly did this on my pally, though i dont know if i ever got passively to 102.4 not raid buffed.

now i have to check!
    Your friendly, neighborhood tankadin
    http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Destromath/146389.jpg

Lately i've been tracking your (Ciderhelm) armory and been seeing you with a great amount of defense, and earlier this morning I looked at your armory and saw you had so much defense and was going to post asking why you would want over 540 def.
    -
    I got sidetracked with achievements
    -
    Then checked back and you had a nice post explaining it all

Job well done.

Not to sound like a total noob but i really am. Whats the purpose of being unhittable? i know u will block all attacks but u will still take dmg right from attacks over your BV right? and is the sacrifice from health worth it for doing 25 man raids or is this just something to do for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by xav View Post
    post macrooooo
    nevermind, i just pulled a veneretio
    Xav.

XAV

+ Reply to Thread