+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Epic gloves

Epic gloves

Trying to decide if the tier 7 is significantly better than Horn tipped guantlets. At first glance they have more stam, dodge, hit and str when gemmed but lose expertise and some minor defense. Is expertise that important? Im over 540 defense and need some dodge so im thinking this is a good upgrade. Thanks for any help.

tier gloves

Horn-Tipped Gauntlets - Item - World of Warcraft

horn tipped

Horn-Tipped Gauntlets - Item - World of Warcraft

My armory

The World of Warcraft Armory

Horn tipped are nice, but the gloves come into play when you need more avoidance, and when you are going for the 2 piece T7 bonus. I personally used horn tipped till I got T7 chest, then swapped to gloves. 10% shield slam adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatt View Post
    Horn tipped are nice, but the gloves come into play when you need more avoidance, and when you are going for the 2 piece T7 bonus. I personally used horn tipped till I got T7 chest, then swapped to gloves. 10% shield slam adds up.

This

And expertise is a great stat to stack. into 25 man Naxx, the gear is layed out that, at least in my opinion, that there are superior shoulders, legs, and helm. Eh, the helm could go either way but I prefer Vital Protection. Anyhow, the gloves and chest are the anchor slots of choice for most folks to keep their 15% SS bonus. So...yeah, T7 and T7.5 gloves are good and while Horn Tipped have value for an avoidance set, I would go with T7.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    This

And expertise is a great stat to stack. into 25 man Naxx, the gear is layed out that, at least in my opinion, that there are superior shoulders, legs, and helm. Eh, the helm could go either way but I prefer Vital Protection. Anyhow, the gloves and chest are the anchor slots of choice for most folks to keep their 15% SS bonus. So...yeah, T7 and T7.5 gloves are good and while Horn Tipped have value for an avoidance set, I would go with T7.
    I am really torn on this too. As I keep "upgrading" I keep losing expertise. I was walking around with 26-29 expertise before buff food but since swapping the Wyrmrest Blue chest and my Horntips for the T7 pieces I have sunk to 22. At least I am 27 (soft capped) with buff food but it just feels so wrong. I've even re-gemmed a bit to add another 40 expertise rating and it is still depressing.

I just got the gloves this morning so I haven't had a chance to see the impact of the 10% SS bonus but I am expecting to it be about...uh...10%.

Outside of Pauldrons of the Colossus (with more detriment to my expertise) and Bracers of the Herald I'm not seeing much more for upgrades in Heroics and and those pieces are block and parry so they aren't that big an upgrade.

Any thoughts or ideas on any of my gearing is welcome. Armory in link.

Realize I am posting a "how's my gear" post at the end but my main point is about the T7 gloves/chest combo.

Thx

+ Reply to Thread