+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Enchant Weapon - Blade Ward

Enchant Weapon - Blade Ward

Enchant Weapon - Blade Ward *New Enchant* - Permanently enchants a weapon to sometimes grant Blade Warding when striking an enemy. Blade Warding increases your parry rating by 200 and inflicts 600 to 800 damage on your next parry. Effect can stack up to 5 times and lasts 10 sec. This enchantment requires the wielder is at least level 75.

Finally a decent tank enchant!

I thought they didn't want a best in slot enchant?

They should release this enchant + a heavy stamina enchant as well, so that people have a tough choice to make.

Avoidance + Threat or More HP.

Before Diminishing Returns, this would give:

200 Parry Rating -- 4.066% parry
    400 Parry Rating -- 8.133% parry
    600 Parry Rating -- 12.199% parry
    800 Parry Rating -- 16.265% parry
    1000 Parry Rating -- 20.331% parry

After Diminishing Returns:

200 Parry Rating -- 3.90% parry
    400 Parry Rating -- 7.20% parry
    600 Parry Rating -- 10.04% parry
    800 Parry Rating -- 12.49% parry
    1000 Parry Rating -- 14.63% parry

Per the combat ratings at lvl 80 listed at EJ (Combat Ratings at level 80 - Elitist Jerks) & Satrina's compilation of Dimishing Returns (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f63/4...avoidance.html).
    Last edited by Erja; 03-06-2009 at 04:19 PM.

When will this be released?
    Im a prot warr, and im looking for an enchant on my new --Red Sword of Courage--

I just got it, so happy.. but i want to do it right without wasting my money.
    Is this enchant already in the game? or is it coming in 3.1?

3.1 unless they yank it like titanguard.

Ah, okay.. what enchantment should i get now then?

idk i'm thinking the enchant will stack charges, like holy shield or the old shield block. its hard to tell by that tooltip

it seems a little OP to me, assuming you make it to 5 charges (not much of a reach imo with most warriors around 20%) 20% additional parry is fairly excessive to have up that consistantly, i dont see this making it to live as is.

As much as I REALLY want this enchant to go through, I can't see them doing it mainly cause it screws druids who can't parry at all. Also would encourage DW deathknights to pick up really fast weapons and double enchant this to get ridiculous parry rating.

it will get nerfed. But the idea is good. Depending on proc rate and such, its a high contender for a solid avoidance enchant
    "Ive always wondered what we warriors say to make people attack harder, be healthier, or taunt mobs" -Orla

I highly doubt a proc will consume one charge -- it would be way to powerful. I'm predicting it increases than blows all the charges to deal Charge # * 600-800 damage... so 3000 to 4000 damage if you have a 5 stack.

Muggs I agree that it will blow all the charges on a parry, but I think it will probably still only do the 600-800 damage. Although I'm a huge fan of the 3000-4000 idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Misko View Post
    Muggs I agree that it will blow all the charges on a parry, but I think it will probably still only do the 600-800 damage. Although I'm a huge fan of the 3000-4000 idea.
    Ya, this seems more logical than Mugg's crazy 3k-4k nuke enchant

Quote Originally Posted by Sray View Post
    Ah, okay.. what enchantment should i get now then?
    If you have something out of naxx10 or heroics, I'd go with titanium weapon chain. If you have something out of naxx25 I'd put accuracy on it.

3-4k damage pre-armor isn't out the question, look how hard revenge hits right now. Also, we don't even know what the proc rating on this thing is yet.

"You're excited?! Feel these nipples!"
    -Baseketball

...but I pretty much feel the same way...

Quote Originally Posted by Rampagingorc View Post
    it seems a little OP to me, assuming you make it to 5 charges (not much of a reach imo with most warriors around 20%) 20% additional parry is fairly excessive to have up that consistantly, i dont see this making it to live as is.
    It's not 20% parry, even with 5 stacks. Even the 14% listed above is too high, you would only get that if you had no other source of parry rating. A geared warrior will probably be getting closer to 12% (don't quote me on that I'm lazy and really don't want to figure out the math.) This enchant actually gets worse as your gear gets better so it kind of balances itself out.

I've seen some suggestions that this should be dodge instead so that bears can use it, but that would actually be op, even after DR you'd get 20% so I don't see that happening.

*hopes he doesn't completely misunderstand DR thus making a complete ass of himself*

I'm thinking it will increase your parry chance UNTIL you parry, at which time it will cause damage and start over (or at least lose a 'charge'?)...just a guess though, I'm not on PTR to try it...

Quote Originally Posted by KenjiWB View Post
    I'm thinking it will increase your parry chance UNTIL you parry, at which time it will cause damage and start over (or at least lose a 'charge'?)...just a guess though, I'm not on PTR to try it...
    yep, that's what I'm thinking it does too. Thus the chances of seeing more than a 2 stack aren't very high, if you're sitting at a 25% parry chance-ish.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

It does seem like it's going to be the best in slot enchant, very interesting indeed. I could possibly imagine that they'd re-introduce the +75 stam enchant for 3.1 so that there'd be more choice in this regard.

+ Reply to Thread