+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some advice

Need some advice

I have been doing heroics to get the few pieces of emblem gear I can get before going into any raids. It is usually a breeze when I have an exceptional healer in my group but anything less than that poses problems. I have a feeling it is because of me. I feel like I am taking HUGE hits and im not exactly sure why. I have a decent amount of HP unbuffed and well over defense cap.
    Is it my gear? Is it my spec? please help me out.

Here is my armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory
    Last edited by Baerut; 03-04-2009 at 02:04 PM.

and when you read the information Satrina has posted up, you will realise your avoidance is low, your gemming for too much STA and Parry. Try putting in some +8 Def +12 STA, or even full +16 Def gems, or some Dodge gems. Def gives you more avoidance per point than straight Dodge. Never gem for parry.

Read the guides in Satrinas sig for the WHY on those, and make sure you understand the why.

you are missing shoulder enchant and bracer socket.. good places for enchants.

I know people ask about your HP when you are pugging, and having HP is important. I'd rather a 24.5K 22/18/18 tank than a 26.5K 17/16/17 tank.

yeah.. HP count seems to be the deciding factor when getting in PUGS which sucks.

The lack of shoulder enchant is kind of a tricky situation... I was stupid and blew all of my gold on the epics that I have now which has left me with practically no money to buy my flying mount. Therefore I cannot do any more quests in northrend until I get a flying mount heh.

Im going to throw some DEF/STA gems in instead of pure stam and see how that works out.

Any other suggestions?

Personally i would rather throw in some 8 dodge 12 stamina to buff up on some avoid. Yous missing the wrymcrest boots and chest which sense you have high enough def you can drop a little be for some better quality items. Try to get rid of the useless att pwr trink, throw 20 def on your shiled due to thats a good shield for bosses for more avoid. Put mongoose on your RSoC because when it prots thats like 4% more avoid or so i hear. Take the def gem out of the titan ring and put 24 stamina for the socket bonus also, and put the 37 stam 2% to armor meta on.
    I think its time for you to drop a little def and get some avoid / hp. I was stuck at 20k hp for the longest with like 18/16/20 in dodge parry and block. So pugging can be done but you just gotta know some 1 lol.

+ Reply to Thread