+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: 3.1 Emblem of Conquest gear

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,805

    3.1 Emblem of Conquest gear

    MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft Guides and Raid Strategies

    Nothing real exciting here...a crapton of +hit on everything.

    All the items are pretty pedestrian and run up against high ranking best in slot, amounting to mostly side grades. The gloves don't look too bad but T 7.5is the anchor to the 2 pc T7.5 set bonus...for warriors, at least.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    74
    Looks like another bunch of dk items.. all av stuff with hit... whers sbv, one item (how about chest) would made a lot warriors and many palas lucky...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    959
    They wouldn't make a plate tank item with SBV on it as a purchasable reward from Emblems simply because it would single out Death Knights. Every class/spec should be able to purchase something from the emblems. Even if it isn't "best in slot", it's better than having a stat that they gain 0 benefit from.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    142
    It's good enough to fill in any holes you have from unlucky drops, but yeah... I was expecting some better itemization since blizz said that's why itemization on T7 level stuff was so bad (to leave room for improvement).

    I guess they're trying to keep it generic so it'll work for any of DK/Pally/War.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Caulle View Post
    They wouldn't make a plate tank item with SBV on it as a purchasable reward from Emblems simply because it would single out Death Knights. Every class/spec should be able to purchase something from the emblems. Even if it isn't "best in slot", it's better than having a stat that they gain 0 benefit from.
    That's true, but a mix of expertise and hit would have been much better than just hit across the board, and would still appeal to any of the 3.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,805
    Upon further review, the neck piece is not bad. Comparing it to Boundless Ambition, the ilvl 226 neck off Kel Thuzad Heroic....if you're swimming in EXP like I currently am, its a trade off of exp for hit with ~1% dodge thrown in. Its tempting, to be sure.

    Also, looks like T 8.? helm and chest will be available....from badges. Conquest badges indicate it would be 8.5 but that seems pretty damn cheap.

    I'm on the fence about the narrow itemization issue. On one hand, it sucks, I suppose, for say a DK to see an item drop in a raid and have alot of the points spent on BV/BR. If anything, maybe the opposite....like Caulle said, the special use items should be from badges and the drops in raids ought to appeal to a wider range. On a badge vendor, they don't go to waste like they do in a raid if only 1 or 2 people can use them instead of 3 or 4 + off spec stuffs.

    Heh, upon further, further review, the belt is a clear upgrade over the Ablative Chain Girdle and I'm looking at the BS boots over Kyzoc's...oh, pfft, hands down....WTB Titansteel bars, plox
    Last edited by Horacio; 03-04-2009 at 07:43 AM.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

  7. #7
    I think, the biggest thing I saw there was they made the Tier helm token available for badges...

    I had figured they would leave the helms only drop off last bosses, due to the potency of Meta Gem sockets (Look at the itemization difference from TBC to WoTLK for this as well, in TBC, you had Meta Gem helms dropping in 70 instances and even got a very solid one from simply clearing Steam Vaults once, compared to in WoTLK they drop in various heroics, or are epic quality).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kuna, Idaho
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by Selyndia View Post
    I think, the biggest thing I saw there was they made the Tier helm token available for badges...

    I had figured they would leave the helms only drop off last bosses, due to the potency of Meta Gem sockets (Look at the itemization difference from TBC to WoTLK for this as well, in TBC, you had Meta Gem helms dropping in 70 instances and even got a very solid one from simply clearing Steam Vaults once, compared to in WoTLK they drop in various heroics, or are epic quality).
    I haven't seen two consecutive tiers of content released with the same "loot rules" yet in this game lol, let alone two expansions. I think this is fine, cool even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalken View Post
    "I'll let the dragon hit me in the face, you stab it in the ass."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    164
    Hit is one of the best threat stats for a paladin, so Im actually fairly happy with the itemization. I can see how it wouldn't be as good for others though.
    The only thing better than being able to tank, is realizing that you no longer need to prove that you can.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    I'm on the fence about the narrow itemization issue. On one hand, it sucks, I suppose, for say a DK to see an item drop in a raid and have alot of the points spent on BV/BR. If anything, maybe the opposite....like Caulle said, the special use items should be from badges and the drops in raids ought to appeal to a wider range. On a badge vendor, they don't go to waste like they do in a raid if only 1 or 2 people can use them instead of 3 or 4 + off spec stuffs.
    I really liked the Sunmote stuff they did in sunwell. Im suprised they didn't do that again.
    The only thing better than being able to tank, is realizing that you no longer need to prove that you can.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,805
    I haven't seen two consecutive tiers of content released with the same "loot rules" yet in this game lol, let alone two expansions. I think this is fine, cool even.
    The gut reaction to seeing the helm available from badges is to maybe sneer a little bit because the helm is generally the key spot in a tier armor set, contains a meta gem slot and is somewhat prestigious.

    Keep in mind, this is purchaseable only from badges that drop in Ulduar25. Its not like people farming Kara for ~T6ish hotsauce gear. With T7.5, I have little interest in the helm because helm of Vital Protection suits my needs just fine and gear upgrade paths are not near as linear as in past iterations of raiding content.

    I just don't think it matters that much and allows for players to have to beat the content but be able to have a greater level of control over thier looting options.

    What does bother me, though, is that they could cover other under represented slots instead of the helm category. In Naxx25 you have ilvl213 helms dropping from Gothik, Sapphiron and the set piece from KT. Same thing happened in BC with helms right at the stage between heroics and Kara. Unless they alter the Argent Crusade axe (OH only atm) we have no viable ilvl 213 tanking weapon outside of Broken Promise with its awful 2.5 attack speed. A BoV tanking weapon would be entirely appropriate because it wouldn't surpass Last Laugh but it will fill a gap. I hope we don't see a glut of same item slot gear dropping and available for badges. And FFS, how about some trinkets, eh?
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    558
    From my persepective, a T8 helm for emblems of conquest is the "nail in the coffin" for engineering. Even if there is a goggle "upgrade", it is unlikely that it will outshine the t8 helm enough to warrant holding on to the profession.

    Epic trinkets (tank, melee/ranged dps, and caster versions) to make engineering viable plz.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kuna, Idaho
    Posts
    955
    Maybe it's a discount because for 5/10 classes they look horrible? lol

    That rogue helmet is just disturbing. I'm currently raiding 25s on my Paladin, I'll be leaving the hide helm feature turned on for T8.

    More trinkets would be nice, even raid quest-obtainable ones or something. Maybe in T9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalken View Post
    "I'll let the dragon hit me in the face, you stab it in the ass."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,908
    I put the rogue and DPS Plate items in my Fury Spreadsheet and for some pieces they are similar, other pieces the leather stuff is still better itemised for Fury.

    SEP values used are my weighted ones for my current gear so YMMV, but so far all I see it as is if you havent gotten "Best in slot" to drop before Uldar, dont fret, the badge stuff will be pretty close. (compared to current BIS, which in a lot of cases is leather).

  15. #15
    And FFS, how about some trinkets, eh?
    Because it needs to be repeated...

    Also, I would prefer seeing Libram/Idol/Totem/Sigils here on Badges instead of cluttering up boss loot tables...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrick View Post
    It's good enough to fill in any holes you have from unlucky drops, but yeah... I was expecting some better itemization since blizz said that's why itemization on T7 level stuff was so bad (to leave room for improvement)
    Healthy amounts of stam, avoidance, and hit, I must say I'm a fan of the itemisation and it does well to appeal to all plate-wearing tanks. Also don't forget there's 2 more tiers of gear over and above Ulduar.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    740
    Notice how every piece of gear for every class has four useful stats aside from stam?

    DPS plate has 3...

    It looks pretty cool though

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts