+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 3.1 Train Wrecker

Quote Originally Posted by Splurk View Post
    i rarely drop my train anymore, and when i do its our of the way not in a spot where ppl are stuck with it, they already made the thing last nearly half as long as it used to. This will be funny once or twice but im sure ppl will purposely use it even if the trains not bothering them just because they cant handle someone else enjoying themselves, it seems to be a common issue in this game nowadays, anytime something fun comes around someone whines until its nerfed into unfun or removed.

Also, I bet this wrecker costs about 1/10 the price of the train, not that 237 gold was much, but its would be just like blizz to make the wrecker like 3 gold.
    if the description in the video is correct, it's sold by the toy vendor for 200 gold.

ah good, i watched quick, but with no sound and didnt actually read anything , maybe then whiners in our raid group will be to cheap to buy it then

I wanna one now. Tired of trains before WG
    [PVP-A] Baiakin Warrior Prot
    I'm Brazilian, sorry for any bad spelling!

My personal hatred of the train comes from it's duration. I'll admit, it's kind of amusing to make everyone in the area do a "CHOO CHOO!" once... maybe twice. But the fact that it keeps going for 90 seconds is just bulls***.

Needless to say I'll be buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by dadricvertanis View Post
    The only thing better than that would just be removing the train set from the game.
    This. First thing I'm going to buy when 3.1 is released.

Love my toy train set. Still a great way to clear out some crowds at the Naxx meeting stone and actually see which portal you're supposed to click.
    The wrecker looks fun though, won't mind people destroying my train with it.

Train Hate is easy to explain. When one of our raid coordinators is speaking about performance/strat tweaks and someone drops one of these things, the train can often drown out the speaker and it distracts folks from what they're supposed to be doing (i.e. listening to the raid leader). Dropping one of those things for the enjoyment of a handful of folks in the raid that get some sick pleasure out of it is selfish and rude. You've got to remember that if there's only 5 that are going to laugh at it then there's 20 who aren't. Not all 20 may vehemently lash out against it, but I guarantee you they're all annoyed by either the initial distraction, the ones lashing out in response, or both.

At some level folks have got to start recognizing that when they're partying or raiding, they're playing with other people's time too. It's one thing to lay one of these things down in town where i'm not trying to coordinate with someone or can't find somewhere else to be... just don't inflict it upon others that will be forced to endure it.

As a raid leader, I'll probably be buying one of these things just so these stupid train sets don't ever infect my raids for more than a couple seconds.

Train Hate is easy to explain
    In someplace like Dal or IF, sure the Train Set is fun and cute and all that.

In a raid right after a Pig or Fish was thrown down and people are trying to sit still for 10s to get the buff? It's f'n annoying as hell.

In the AH when it is nice and crowded? Annoying as hell. I mean really annoying.

There is a time and place for everything. Unfortunately there is always the blithering idiot who can't figure that out.

Thank You Lord for the Train Wrecker.

Oh my god, I love it!

Yeah, trains can be extremely fun sometimes, and I think this is just going to add to the overall enjoyment. Can't wait to get one!

+ Reply to Thread