+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3.1 Train Wrecker

3.1 Train Wrecker

How wonderful is this?

The only thing better than that would just be removing the train set from the game.

Wow that is absolutely awesome! How does one obtain such wonderful and life-saving technology?
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

Quote Originally Posted by dadricvertanis View Post
    The only thing better than that would just be removing the train set from the game.

omg i would pay so much for one of those train wreckers

That little thing is now on my shopping list

This saddens me greatly.

Annoying people too stubborn to turn off in-game sounds had great hilarity value

Being annoying is not hilarious. It is annoying. Some people use cues from the in-game sounds to improve their play.
    Learn to science and stop theorycrapping in its tracks.

Lol, his little "HAH" when he stomps is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    Being annoying is not hilarious. It is annoying. Some people use cues from the in-game sounds to improve their play.
    I'm with Hypatia on this one. And watch it...he's in a snarky mood .

Yeah, people should have to play in silence so they dont have to hear the train sets... That makes a lot of sense.

Man, I'm surprised by all this train set hate!

I don't own a train set but I always appreciate when someone puts one down in a raid. Usually there's one or two people who go into full on nerd rage and that usually makes everyone else laugh. If we've been wiping and people are getting frustrated its a nice light-hearted diversion. In my opinion, whoever gets really viscerally upset by this in-game toy needs to relax a little bit. It's not something that distracts during combat when auditory queues really matter, it's just something that gets dropped during buffs / during downtime.

Besides, if it bothers you so much it's really not that hard to just turn down your sound for a few seconds until its gone.

God damn! i want that set!
    I love those small things in the game that just makes the last fun while waiting or just slacking arround in Dalaran! :>

LoL Sky...as I said in the shoutbox I just think it's funny even the designers have a good bit of fun-hate for the train set. There is a time and place for everything and it seems, more often than not, that use of the train set is untimely. This makes the Wrecker absolute genius.
    Last edited by Lilie; 03-04-2009 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyborn View Post
    Man, I'm surprised by all this train set hate!

I don't own a train set but I always appreciate when someone puts one down in a raid. Usually there's one or two people who go into full on nerd rage and that usually makes everyone else laugh. If we've been wiping and people are getting frustrated its a nice light-hearted diversion. In my opinion, whoever gets really viscerally upset by this in-game toy needs to relax a little bit. It's not something that distracts during combat when auditory queues really matter, it's just something that gets dropped during buffs / during downtime.

Besides, if it bothers you so much it's really not that hard to just turn down your sound for a few seconds until its gone.
    Now I dont have to be inconvenienced by having to turn down my volume, I can just unleash this gift from God, lol. And honestly, whats funnier, a nerd acting the part, or while the nerd-on is happening have the bully bring out the train destroyer and smash it to pieces? In my guild, the destroyer would get more laughs.

Oh definitely -- I think the train destroyer is a great idea too, and it'll definitely be funny to see it in action. I just don't understand why some people HATE other people who put trains down. I mean, I feel like people get angrier about someone putting down a train than anything else.

lol, I dont hate the trains or make me hate the person who put them down.. Its fine for a few seconds, but to leave it up for an extended amount of time... kinda like people do in the AH.... Is annoying, and Ive always wanted to break it.. Soon Ill be able to :-)

I cant wait to nerd rage on some train sets

I love dropping trains on 4 Horse. Everyone stacks up and then we have a train party.
    The tunnel before Gluth is also a great chance.

The train sets are awesome, but the train wrecker looks like it'll be pretty awesome too. A lot of fun will be had with it. That's for sure.

i rarely drop my train anymore, and when i do its our of the way not in a spot where ppl are stuck with it, they already made the thing last nearly half as long as it used to. This will be funny once or twice but im sure ppl will purposely use it even if the trains not bothering them just because they cant handle someone else enjoying themselves, it seems to be a common issue in this game nowadays, anytime something fun comes around someone whines until its nerfed into unfun or removed.

Also, I bet this wrecker costs about 1/10 the price of the train, not that 237 gold was much, but its would be just like blizz to make the wrecker like 3 gold.

+ Reply to Thread