+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Def, check! HP, check! where do I go now

Def, check! HP, check! where do I go now

Hi all,
    my dear gnome DK frost tank The World of Warcraft Armory now has reached 547 Def (558 on sigil procs) and a comfortable 26k hp unbuffed. Now I'm wondering where I should be going in terms of itemization, gems and enchants

- Strength: I find it hard to keep aggro on mobs when grouping with 2k+ DPS mages, hunters and fury warriors. My DPS revolves around 1.1k and I feel it is not enough. Plus, the extra parry boost is nice
    - Expertise: I guess you all find it frustrating when your plague strike is dodged. This means a completely ruined rotation, since it reduces the effect of pestilence and makes for a long waiting time before I can throw in my first howling blast.
    - Hit Score: My hit score isn't too bad, but I'm missing around 50 hit score to be caped
    - Dodge / Parry: Right now my parry is way below my dodge %. I understand it should be the other way around, but I need a huge increase of parry rating to reach the 20%. Should I focus more on parry than on health with my gems? Or should I get the parry strictly from increasing my strength?

So many choices to be made

-Expertise Cap of 26: Start with this it affects your ability to hit them and their ability to hit you.
    -Hit Cap of 262
    -Gem for Strength not Parry: two for one by your own description
    -Enchantments: Look at the Armsman enchant for your hands if you need threat, otherwise enchant to reach these caps. In my experience, as a warrior tank, it is easier to enchant for defense and gem for stamina, hit and strength. I have defense on my chest and cloak.

+ Reply to Thread