+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exchanging Expertise for stamina

Exchanging Expertise for stamina

So,my armory is Right Here

I currently MT everything for my guild at the moment and we've approached Sarth+3,Our first attempt is going to be next monday.We've gotten +2 with little to no problem,3 pulls to a successfull kill with %90 of the raid alive

But after viewing several strategies from not just here at tankspot,but also strat fu,bosskillers,etc. and I think,compared to other warriors not only on my server but on these forums,i think my HP is weak compared to theirs.

Would it be a viable option to exchange some of the expertise that I currently have and slot for Stamina instead since i'm a good amount over the soft cap for expertise?

Or would my tank be suitable enough for tanking sarth?

I personally think it would be fine to trade some of your Expertise for Stamina. The biggest thing that I would change is getting the 40 stamina enchant on your bracers instead of 15 expertise.

Then again I don't have that much experience in 25 mans or Sarth +3 sooo..

You are worrying way too much about not only Expertise, but especially Hit Rating. Tanking Sartharion is about living. It has nothing to do with Threat at all. You're basically gearing your Tank like a DPSer and unfortunately the same rules don't apply.

Every single Hit gem should go immediately. Don't worry about the Hit cap. It's something for your threat set. It's not what you should be walking into any kind of challenging content with.

Also, you could easily throw on a Stamina trinket and maintain 540 Defense. (although I'd ditch the Dodge trinket personally)

p.s. Why are you a Tailor!? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    It's the gathering profession for his other skill, Enchanting.

I have yet to hear of a warrior that has tanked sarth on sarth 3d. the breath just hit for far too much dmg, our druid tank with 52k hp/300something FR gets hit to almost dead with 1 breath & a cooldown on him. Not sure if its possible for a warrior to do it due to lack of cooldown and hp pool.
    Your ad could be here.

Don't worry about the Hit cap. It's something for your threat set.
    What's a threat set? Serious question. I don't really think they exist anymore personally... I can think of only one encounter in the game where threat comes into play.

You are worrying way too much about not only Expertise, but especially Hit Rating. Tanking Sartharion is about living. It has nothing to do with Threat at all. You're basically gearing your Tank like a DPSer and unfortunately the same rules don't apply.

Every single Hit gem should go immediately. Don't worry about the Hit cap. It's something for your threat set. It's not what you should be walking into any kind of challenging content with.

Also, you could easily throw on a Stamina trinket and maintain 540 Defense. (although I'd ditch the Dodge trinket personally)

hehe,i've been playing since vanilla WoW and yeah,i was greedy...i made money though with crusader enchants going for 400 back in the day,then TBC rolled around and i got lazy and decided to just keep the proffessions

But,I suppose you're right,it all is about survival...

Shit check out my armory...I think I went overboard on Expertise too. I just don't like seeing Parries :P

Then again I don't tank Sarth...I leave that to the druid and his retarded HP :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil View Post
    I have yet to hear of a warrior that has tanked sarth on sarth 3d. the breath just hit for far too much dmg, our druid tank with 52k hp/300something FR gets hit to almost dead with 1 breath & a cooldown on him. Not sure if its possible for a warrior to do it due to lack of cooldown and hp pool.
    I tank it quite fine, 25k breath is easy surviveable with 32500 raid buffed, and as for the 60k breaths.. I suggest killing the 2nd drake before 3rd lands!

[ame="http://files.filefront.com/No+More+Play+vs+Sarth3D+TF/;13394642;/fileinfo.html"]No More Play vs. Sarth3D (TF) Download File on FileFront@@AMEPARAM@@http://static4.filefront.com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=973336@@AMEPARAM@@static4.filefront .com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=973336[/ame]

I can't view your video from work but are we talking 10man or 25 man?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

25man, our first kill (downed first evening there o/ )

I am a warrior and I have always tanked Sarth during our Sarth3D kills (we have taken him down 3 weeks now, having been successful each week since the first kill). Raidbuffed, I have 42k~HP. Once Sarth is engaged, I sit at around 30~.

I optimised my gear for stam, taking into account the set bonuses. I'm a JC so I have access to the prismatic 41 Stam gems and the two gemmable trinkets.

If you armory me, I may be in a few select threat pieces (noticable by the gemming of hit and expertise), but for Sarth 3D, it's *all* about the stamina, baby.

For instance, when Shadron’s discliple is up on it’s own, Sarths breaths have the ability to do just over my HP, so use of Fire Protection potions and Last Stand is advised. They can do between 27-32k unmitigated.

I sub out Imp Revenge in my spec in favour of Imp Spell Reflect, for the passive chance for his breath to miss me. RNG can save the day.

For those curious, surviving the breaths is no biggy; bring at least 2 holy priests (we usually use 3, but we have done it with 2). Once both Vesperon and Shadrons discliples are up at the same time, shield wall the first breath. If you are lucky (and have the 4 set T7 bonus), it may cover the second.

Once Shield Wall has expired, call for the first holy priest to GS the next breath, and then repeat for the second. If you have a third priest, repeat again. If Shadron is not dead yet, pray for some misses. Having a paladin bubble and HoSacrifice you may be enough, although when we have tried this it has had less than optimistic results.

When Shadron’s discliple is up on it’s own, the breaths have the ability to do just over my HP, so use of Fire Protection potions and Last Stand is advised.

Surviving the breaths is no biggy, bring at least 2 holy priests (we usually use 3, but we have done it with 2). Once both Vesperon and Shadrons discliples are up at the same time, shield wall the first breath. If you are lucky (and have the 4 set T7 bonus), it may cover the second. Once Shield Wall has expired, call for the first holy priest to GS the next breath, and then repeat for the second. If Shadron is not dead yet, pray for some misses. Having a paladin bubble and HoSacrifice you may be enough, although when we have tried this it has had less than optimistic results.

Good luck, it’s a misconception that warriors cannot tank this event!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    What's a threat set? Serious question. I don't really think they exist anymore personally... I can think of only one encounter in the game where threat comes into play.
    Think of it as of tanking dps set.

Personally I think that if you have a DK or Druid tank in your guild, let them tank Sarth. He's not the main challenge of the encounter.

A Warrior is much better suited to tanking the drakes or the whelps. Just because you're tanking the biggest thing doesn't mean he's the 'most important' - heck, all 3 or 4 tanks in this encounter are critical, as are all the healers and all the dps.

So my advice is hand over the 'MT' role to some else with a class better suited to it. Because really the hardest job is bringing down the drakes and disciples asap.

+ Reply to Thread