+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bring back Crushing Blows?

Bring back Crushing Blows?

Thought I'd open a fun little theory discussion.

How would the community feel should Blizzard suddenly do a U-Turn and bring back Crushing Blows on +3 lvl and ?? mobs.

How would this 'step up' Warriors and Paladins in their current sub-par progression tank roles? How would it affect Druid and DK's in having to avoid or 'eat' the Crush.

I know spells (i.e Sarth3D) aren't able to crush, so don't think this is anything related to that.

Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what responses it got.

As a warrior, I think it would be interesting, but they'd have to rework Shield Block again - or bring it back to pre-3.0 usage.

Discuss.
    "rouges have cheapest computers"

Quote Originally Posted by sorednbored View Post

As a warrior, I think it would be interesting, but they'd have to rework Shield Block again - or bring it back to pre-3.0 usage.

Discuss.
    You ended the warrior discussion in your post!

Ah, but that's just in a defensive way, will a constantly up (ish) 6-second shield block make us too OP with doubled Block Value (assuming they keep that part of the mechanic).

We'd all be smashing things in the face for 15K every Shield Slam.
    "rouges have cheapest computers"

I can think of several ways to make Shield tanks better that don't involve crushing blows. Bringing them back without bringing back the inherit higher avoidance that Warriors had pre-3.0 would be a fairly brutal exercise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalken View Post
    "I'll let the dragon hit me in the face, you stab it in the ass."

There's nothing inherently wrong with having attacks that have a percentage chance to do additional damage (crushing blows or crits). For one thing, it creates a risk of burst damage without actually having high burst damage every few seconds.

The problem with the old crushing blow mechanic was precisely how it interacted with the combat table and that you could push crushing blows on the table. It led to annoying play mechanics (Shield Block spam), had weird effects (with high avoidance, every actual hit was a crushing blow), made it difficult to balance fights, and overall had very little desirable effects.

+ Reply to Thread