+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Naxx 10 man KT ice blocks

CoH is THE best way to save frost blasted people. It's instant, it's enough and it hits multiple people in case they were not far away enough from each other, which very often happens in melee range, especially in 25 man.

If the offtank gets blasted, use guardian spirit.

No doubt, priests are a must have if you are going for immortal or undying

You MUST top up everyone to 100% all the time if you want them to live through the frost blast. Warriors should use reck/DW immediately after frostblast goes off so they don't get blasted during the weakened debuffs.

Frostblasts/aoe bolts are timed so they don't overlap and you DO have enough time to top up everyone, always.

I've healed both 10 and 25 on my shaman, and the thing that helped me the most was to show the Frost Blast debuff on Grid. It makes healing this encounter ridiculously easy.
    Tauren warriors stand between their allies and death.
    Gnomes keep death from walking that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexia View Post
    I've healed both 10 and 25 on my shaman, and the thing that helped me the most was to show the Frost Blast debuff on Grid. It makes healing this encounter ridiculously easy.
    good idea, and definitly a good way to improve reaction time
    Last edited by hvidgaard; 03-12-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Agreed with Lexia. For all lazy people like me who don't like to type in every boss ability to show up in Grid:

Download GridStatusRaidDebuff and you're all set.
    http://www.shieldsup.ch - Another Resto Shaman Blog

If you use Grid, there's a Raid Debuff add-in for it that will show the debuff icon so you can quickly spot iceblocks and differentiate those people from people taking normal raid damage. That what I use when I heal that fight.

Just saw someone else mentined this, so this just reiterates how handy it is.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe Priest's Power Word: Shield works for this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenTankard View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe Priest's Power Word: Shield works for this as well.
    That's correct, that's what I do on my priest. A shield and a single flash heal is enough to keep most dpsers above 30-40%.

I always start off with a PoM on them and then start flashhealing.

For me, I just Holy Shock someone, which keeps them from dying by the block, but then I just Holy Light them right away to keep them alive from the AoE frost bolts.

As said in another thread on this site my answer as a shammy is always riptide followed by LHW. This should keep anyone up in 10 man as noone should be chaining blocks at all.

For Holy Priests,

Circle of Healing can buy you a fraction of time (or your fellow healers a fraction of time) as well.

Though I'm curious what folks think of Circle of Healing > Prayer of Mending or Prayer of Mending > Circle of Healing. Followed by a Flash.

In heroic I often Circle of Healing, POM one person and Flash Heal the other while announcing which one I'm "Flash Healing" so hopefully one of the other healers is picking up the others.

Sometime we've "tried" in the past is to break down priorities amongst the healers. IE: Bob gets Mages > Rogues > Druids. Jim gets Druids > Rogues > Priests... etc so that hopefully we don't have issues where everyone jumps on the exact same target to heal up while the other guy goes kaput.

You can keep them alive with a CoH and PoM. We have a pretty good system in our KT fights, I (holy priest) hit them with a CoH first and follow up with PoM in the mean time a druid or pally is casting a heal on them that isn't instant. Works well.
    Also I use mouseover macros for this and it makes it soooooo much better. I stand in the middle, zoom all the way out and wait to see an ice block. When I do I mouseover and BAM!!!! heals FTW!!

I tried the grid thing and it wasn't quick enough for me (or I wasn't quick enough for it )

Sorry just noticed that this was for 10 man lol soooo sorry, Yeah, PoM then CoH and a flash heal is more than sufficient to keep them alive. I think realistically you could keep them alive with the PoM but, better safe than sorry.
    Last edited by jackdhammer; 04-06-2009 at 11:08 AM.

The Ice Block does 120% of the players health. Any damage reduction is applied to this. I play a disc priest, and our other healer is a paladin. Generally we spread it out so that one of us is always in range of our group, and our group in range of us. When it comes down to outhealing it, Penance is key for this. And it generally tops them off aswell, depending on how fast I react. As long as you pay attention, and use your quick-cast spells, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tillara View Post
    Just a quick question i could do with some clarification for...

On KT phase 2, when he ice blocks the random player- does it really only hit for 104% of their total hps because it feels SO much more?

Most of our dps have around 20k health which means that if they recieve just 1k heal they should survive the hit but that is so not happening! All 3 healers are having to concentrate on it and i cast 2x nourish because 1 doesnt seem to be enough, even with another heal landing from someone else.. If a healer gets hit its a very tense 4 seconds.

Our only wipes on this boss are down to healers not keeping the ice blockees up.

ATM our raid leader thinks we healers are half asleep- (which i guess might be the case) and it is our reaction time at fault...
    Master of the Obvious statement:
    I believe it feels like so much more, because most healers are not comfortable with a raid member left with 1% of their health.

My observation from healing this encounter is that we tend to want to top them off.
    Survival is first importance, but the healer knee-jerk reaction kicks in quckly.

I've found going disc for this fight works much better than holy simply because penance works so well on the ice blocks even if someone isn't topped off it still heals enough to keep them alive. When i'm doing the fight I never use penance any other time than for an ice block just to know for sure when one happens it won't be on cd.

First time we had to deal with it was fairly nasty. I was tempted to make the healers drink a whole pot of coffie before the fight to make them extra twitchy.

What is scary is when he freezes the OT you got tanking the giant beetles.

Our healer set-up was either Druid/Druid/Shaman (not ideal) Or Disc priest/Druid/Shaman. The latter worked better but our lay out kept everyone within range of all 3 healers and in case one we had each druid cast nourish and then a wild growth. Being an intelligent heal this most often hit the blocked player. Add a shaman CL was more than enough to top up the player. In case 2 the aforementioned pennance and a shamans heal along with my (the druid) nourish or rejuv/swiftmend if available.

Bottom line is being ready to heal it. My mana regen was ungodly with 3 healers and i can usually keep up rejuv on most of the party as a premptive strike. I use healbot, the other healers go old school and use no add-ons. I have HB in the middle of my screen right under the DBM warning. After wipe one we had kel on farm from then on

+ Reply to Thread