+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minimum Stats to start heroics/Nax

Minimum Stats to start heroics/Nax

What is the minimum hp, armor, defense, and avoidance that i should get before i can start tanking heroics and Nax as a warrior? So yeah just tell me what i should try and shoot for in those aspects and ill greatly appreciate it.

24-25k HP, 540 Defense, 22k Armor or so, and I started OTing it with about 35% avoidance total, excluding miss and block.

Heroics and Naxx are not equal.

More particularly there are easy heroics and hard heroics. I've never successfully gotten far through Heroic AN and Heroic UP is a challenge. But Heroic Drak'Tharon and Heroic Utgarde Keep are a doddle.

So the stats you need vary from place to place, with a few exceptions. To tank Heroics or offtank Naxx you need 535 defense. To main tank Naxx you need 540 defense.

Arkaen's guide is a good general idea. You could always have a bit less HP if you have an uber DPS group or healer, though, for example. But if you're always pugging... this would be a minimum.

Where would i find his guide?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitegold View Post
    So the stats you need vary from place to place, with a few exceptions. To tank Heroics or offtank Naxx you need 535 defense. To main tank Naxx you need 540 defense.
    There are a few places in Naxx where the OT will be face to face with a raid boss (Patch, Gluth, twins before Thaddius, Gothik, 4 HM, probably a few I'm forgetting). So even the OT should have 540 defense.

As for gear lists, there are a few on the site that are good for getting you ready for Naxx / Heroics. Look at the stickys, specifically Polar's and Cider's guides. Those are probably best for the freshly 80.

Indeed, but I would hardly call those bosses "starting" Naxx. If you haven't upgraded your gear substantially by the time you get to Thaddius you have worse luck than even I do!

edit: That being said, 540 IS your goal. You may be OT now, but who knows when you might be called on to step up. Be ready, or you'll get very embarrassed.

+ Reply to Thread