+ Reply to Thread

Thread: From 70 to 80 fast

From 70 to 80 fast

Meh...well i wasnt planning on getting WotLK, but i geuss i did. So im just wonderin what i should do to level fast. Im a prot warrior in mostly crappy t4 tanking gear. Should i just respec fury and DW or should i just get 2 weapons now and level? Which would be fastest?

Stick with prot and fight no fewer than 3 mobs whenever possible.

Prot is amazing for leveling now, stick with it =)

Go shield slam something in the head and you'll see what I mean.

Quest, quest, quest, and then quest some more. Forget about instances -- for leveling they are a complete waste of time since you can do one quest and get more xp than running two or three instances (if you factor xp/hour it is even more lopsided in favor of questing).
    Former healbot now a Disgruntled protection warrior.

Hmm...Thanx guys ill just stay prot then might be a bit cheaper than respeccing/buyin gear and stuff

I noticed something interesting after levelling 2 lvl 80s.
    Mobs farming exp /hr is actually faster than questing.

The most optimal solution is a circuit with a lot of mob grinding + quest turn ins, but I have tried most of the popular circuits and they do not return as much as pure mob grinding.

This is taken into account the areas with bugged respawns where sometimes 2-3 mobs respawn in place of one. You can be grinding 5-9 mobs non-stop, with maybe only a couple of seconds downtime before next respawn. Fortunately, prot war and loladins have no downtime, they can pretty much grind forever.

Becareful, 3 bugged respawns happening close will definitely kill you.

Offhand, I can only recall some of these areas :
    Storm Peak
    Icecrown
    Zul'Drak

All Ring of blood quests return the bext exp.
    They are :
    Conquest Hold
    Zul'Drak
    Ice Crown

For speed in levelling, the only thing that matters is xp/hr.
    Once 77, grab cold flying immediately and do circuits instead.

Cheers and all the best.

could you please be more precisely? where exactly in ZulDrak can I find such bugged respawn points? and what do you mean with circuits?
    thanks in advance

I think the most important part about questing isn't the exp/hr, it's keeping gear up to date, earning bits of gold, and keeping your sanity (slightly less boring than mob grinding).

Wouldn't farming/grinding on those bugged respawns being against the ToS because of exploitation or am I reading into it too much?

Enjoy the game, there are lots of really good quests with great rewards. Do the quests, see the instances, mob grinding through 10+ million exp sounds brutal.

Plus, you'll want to know the instances if you want to tank them on heroic later.

I went 70-80 as prot, killed every mob i could while questing.

it went decently fast for how often i played that week
    |Kaad|Warrior|Protection|The Milk Drinkers|Runetotem|US|

Dont be afraid to burn through your BC raiding mats. All the food will be upgraded as you hit level 80, the scrolls do not stack with more powerful buffs (so use them) and the potions/elixirs in wrath are generally better.

Use up all your sharpening stones, they will not be able to be used once your weapon level passes into 80 dungeon blues.

Keep a few stack of sour cheese, it heals more over time then BC food.

Find cheap frostweave bandages on the AH, by now people are just leveling the first aid and getting rid of leveling bandages. Even the heavy netherweave bandages are a couple gold a stack now.

Glyph of blocking and charge were glyphs that I used, I think.

Stay prot if that is your best gear

good luck,
    fubs

And once again Grumpy Uncle Forklift is here to tell you: Don't level prot if speed is your concern. Grab some big ass axes and go fury. I personally did Arms, which was quite fast except for the lack of self healing; I think made it made it slightly worse overall than fury.

It's nice to be unkillable, but it's better to kill shit fast and rely on playing smart to not get killed.

Forklift, that's just not true. Protection isn't slower. A lot of people got Server First Warrior by levelling as Protection.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

A lot of Server First 80s also got there by having other people beat on shit they tag. Wouldn't it make sense to be a prot warrior if you were literally just going to tank while other people DPSd and healed you?

Protection is absolutely slower than Arms--I've done both--and people tell me Fury is better than Arms, so while I can't promise anything about Fury, I'm sure at least Arms is way better than Prot. You literally kill two mobs in 5-6 global cooldowns. Rend, sweeping, overpower/MS/Slam depending on rage, do it two more times and the mobs are dead. The downside, like I said, is that you have to bandage on cooldown if you regularly pull more than 2 mobs at a time. Although one fight per 5 minutes (which is a decently high percentage of the time due to traveling while questing) you get to pull like 5+ mobs--however many you can reasonably run through before they do too much damage to you really--and retaliation them down.

Even doing like Hodir dailies as a t7 geared prot warrior in heavy block gear, it takes me longer to kill mobs.

There is no comparison.

The fact that Protection was slower for you does not mean it will be slower for someone else.

I also said it isn't slower levelling. I never said anything about what it's like at 80.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Quote Originally Posted by Forklift View Post
    There is no comparison.
    I can support this. I leveled as prot doing instances. At 77 I wanted to quest a while to get to 80 fast, started as prot with decent prot gear. After a While I took my not so good offensive gear, a 2 handed weapon I picked up on the way through instances and specced Arms.

Questing is noticeable faster with arms spec in my experience.
    Last edited by Sandal; 03-04-2009 at 02:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread