Closed Thread

Thread: Arms PvP Worth it?

Arms PvP Worth it?

I Wanted to get into PvP on my Warrior and I Wanted to try Arms but I hear a lot people say Fury is better. Most people who go fury have High End raiding gear which I don't have access to. So I Was wondering if I Should go Arms or not.

I have mid-high end arms gear. I'm sticking it through because I got tired of watching cooldowns PvE and actually making breakthroughs in DPS weekly with very small endgame upgrades.

That being said, I don't reccomend PvP even under proper spec because simply put

- You are more CCable then most mobbs generally are in LK with only so many ways to break out and none on a short CD except fear (30 sec, and serves dual purpose to actually generate some rage.)
    - Speaking of rage - many classes have damage reduction, and disc priests are bubble-aholics which means no rage for you.
    - arms isn't bursty enough. If your target has any resiliance the odds are stacked heavily against your favor. Sudden Death executes are 7-ish K on a crit if you're lucky.
    - Bladestorm off a hamstring sounds like a good idea...until you realize how many classes have solutions to it.

Against a target with light-to-no resiliance that isn't running though, it is pretty brutal.

Just gear up. Get your honor points and your Wintergrasp points and snag some gear. Do Vault of Arch too. Right now i'm Arms with some pretty decent gear. 650 resilience really helps but I just cant kill people fast enough. I might have to go to the dark side and spec Fury.

My warrior is fury and gearing up and I feel that I can out burst and out pressure most classes compared to arms. I don't think an arms warrior can shadow a mages blink but a fury warrior can. Also arms sits and waits for procs to do their good damage and that's not as reliable than a fury CD based cycle I feel. But hey they are buffing arms so give it a shot if you like that play style.

Well I guess I'll try out Fury , Just got to get some Savage gear and some weapons. Time to grind Honor.

Arms is not that bad, just need to have heals and its alot of fun, they need to lower the CD with our charge though, if every other plate wearer hits harder, why cant we be more mobile...

Arms is fun in pvp right now, mobility and some survivability, but don't spect to get things easy, it needs good practise(not that I do it very well myself). Overall is a good spec especially for Mortal Strike +Blade Storm that can help kill some clothies and leather wearers pretty fast.
    [An00b'arak]: >8< spider power

Arms probably has the highest skill cap that it's ever had right now.

Reliable MS and great mobility combined with a lot of potential burst shouldn't be underestimated.

At 70 (which was only a couple months ago so I was mainly playing against twinks and newbies), I stacked +crit to get my burst damage and dominated with almost no purples. I just reached 80 last week and I would imagine that any players who care about PvP are trying to stack resilience, so is that option even viable any more? What's the best direction to go with gear for Arms PvP at 80? Should I still stick with axes or is it only worthwhile if I have a really good 2h axe?
    Last edited by Aeryl; 07-03-2009 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryl View Post
    At 70 (which was only a couple months ago so I was mainly playing against twinks and newbies), I stacked +crit to get my burst damage and dominated with almost no purples. I just reached 80 last week and I would imagine that any players who care about PvP are trying to stack resilience, so is that option even viable any more? What's the best direction to go with gear for Arms PvP at 80? Should I still stick with axes or is it only worthwhile if I have a really good 2h axe?

As an arms warrior i dont stack resil(minus my inscrips i have on my shoulders and domepiece). Ive run both mace and ax spec, i like axe better for the dirty crit bonus.
    To bad for glad

Quote Originally Posted by Stograth View Post
    As an arms warrior i dont stack resil(minus my inscrips i have on my shoulders and domepiece). Ive run both mace and ax spec, i like axe better for the dirty crit bonus.
    You should be stacking resil if you're arms... PVE gear accompanies mace spec, but I doubt too many people will stay with maces for S7 with the resil changes from 3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Genome852 View Post
    You should be stacking resil if you're arms... PVE gear accompanies mace spec, but I doubt too many people will stay with maces for S7 with the resil changes from 3.2.
    Are you saying move away from ArP as well, or just mace spec?
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Stacking ArP and ArP Trinket is the best way for an arms warrior to do ridiculous damage.

Closed Thread