+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on blade barrier

Question on blade barrier

Hey. I'm gonna be tanking with my dk when i hit 80. And i wanted to ask: Is it absolutely neccessary to have blade barrier maxed out? I know every dk tank has it maxed out. Just wanted to know if it was absolutely necessary.

Thanks!

I dont see any good reason to not take it

10% parry? not subject to DR? First tier? All you have to do is have all yer BR on CD every so often.

Short answer: yes.
    November 23, 2004 8:27:03 AM - Glomgore 10+ Years of tanking? Priceless

This talent is a major value, though I don't call anything "necessary," I think it would be silly not to take it.

The talent is basically double the normal talent avoidance value (1% avoid per pt) because you have to do something to activate it. That being said, it is very easy to keep up so long as you use your runes smartly and continually as you can't help but do as a tank if you're playing hard.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't take all 10% and dance a little dance of happiness. =)
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Ok, thanks for the input. I'll definitely grab this when i respec for tanking. I want to be a blood tank. any tips on what glyphs to use?

Vampiric blood for sure; I like the rune tap too personnally (more for the +10% on me that for the 10% on the group, even if it can help). My third is runic strike.

It may change with the new rune in 3.1; the only one I wouldnt change for anything as a blood tank is the vampiric blood's one.

EDIT: I meant rune tap, not blood tap.
    Last edited by Feanorr; 03-01-2009 at 07:07 AM.

You should also get Glyph of Pestilence(Minor), since it helps with tagging/spreading diseases. Horn of Winter glyph is useful too atleast until keeping Horn of Winter up becomes second nature.

Glyph of Blood Tap (minor), is a great one, and learning to use Blood Tap effectively is great. Pestilence and Horn of Winter are also nice.

Depending on your build (i.e. if you get Annihilation) Glyph of Oblit could be very good. Glyph of DnD could be a solid addition to shore up AoE threat. Glyph of IT can be very nice for boosting your RP generation.

With 3.1 there is a new slew of tastey glyphs and changes, so bear in mind you may swap a lot of this around. With the talent changes at that point, though I haven't crunched the numbers, I suspect Glyphed, Talented Death Strike will be great for Blood.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

+ Reply to Thread