+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warriors and their threat

Warriors and their threat

I know this topic is discussed a lot, but I have yet to find what I am looking for.

I have the rotation and spec down perfectly, but I need to know what stat is best to stack for threat. In my guild, our other tank is stacking crit and pulling out 7-8k TPS. I am still not that geared (took a quick break when wotlk came out). I would like to know if stacking crit is the best choice or if there are better things to do?

I know many people have mentioned other things, but noone has given numbers (like what their TPS is while doing that [deep wounds for example]). If people could maybe say what they are doing, and what their TPS is doing that.

EDIT : Also, could anyone prove whether 2/5 Shield spec and 3/3 focused rage or 5/5 shield spec and 0/3 focused rage are better for over all TPS. In most fights in the current content, rage is not much of an issue. But being able to save 3 rage on each heroic strike could increase the overall TPS, especially in moments where you do manage to get low on rage? (back to back avoidances)
    Last edited by hikaro; 02-28-2009 at 10:24 AM.

Well first off crit is probably one of the last things you want to stack. unless of course they have no fear of death and are just having a laugh tanking in some dps gear.

Armory is down so I cant help you with specifics. First thing I would do is check if your at the expertise soft cap (ehh 26 skill I believe) That way the boss will never dodge your attacks again and at the same time your reducing the bosses chance to parry your attacks by 5.6% as well.

Hitting that point is the highest way to increase your TPS and should put you at the 4k 5k TPS mark.

I would run regular VH for the BV trinket and use it at the same time as your shield block. that way your shield slam crits for around 7K.

ehh spec 15/5/51 as well. Just armory me for the spec.

soo in short.. hit the expertise soft cap (stacking more is a good thing also) get around 200 hit rating.. then stack BV/Str.

no tank is sustaining 7-8k tps. omen isn't accurate honestly. get yourself sitting at 5K TPS steadily and you will have no problems.

He is not wearing DPS gear, but gemming it. He is actually our MT...

(did not have much time to type more.) He has actually main tanked Sarth +3D and every other 3.0 content.
    His spec is 12/8/51

Did not read the last half, now that I got to it. He is sustaining 7-8k TPS and spiking to even higher. Me on the otherhand, am pulling off around 4-5k TPS with 150 hit and 17 expertise. (none socketed or gemmed since I don't have the gear to pull out my defense gems).

I'd also like to note that my concern is, even though I am pulling off 4-5k TPS my DPS is getting threat capped.

EDIT : In reality I am probably pulling off more around 3-4k TPS.
    Last edited by hikaro; 02-28-2009 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hbombs View Post
    no tank is sustaining 7-8k tps. omen isn't accurate honestly. get yourself sitting at 5K TPS steadily and you will have no problems.
    I'd double check that, I steadily maintain 7K+ sustained TPS on most bosses that melee, I also know of Deathknights that can hit 10K+ sustained TPS on Patchwerk, not using Omen as a guesstimate but parsing WWS' through WowWebStats Tps Calculator.

Remember while Omen pulls figures straight from Blizzard's data, it works (as default) over a 10 sec window. Therefore crits 9 secs ago have an influence on the number you see 9 secs later and should never be used as a sustained TPS tool but a very rough guide to TPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    I'd double check that, I steadily maintain 7K+ sustained TPS on most bosses that melee, I also know of Deathknights that can hit 10K+ sustained TPS on Patchwerk, not using Omen as a guesstimate but parsing WWS' through WowWebStats Tps Calculator.

Remember while Omen pulls figures straight from Blizzard's data, it works (as default) over a 10 sec window. Therefore crits 9 secs ago have an influence on the number you see 9 secs later and should never be used as a sustained TPS tool but a very rough guide to TPS.
    Next time you check, ask your hunters not to MD you and rogues not to trick of the trade you. Then let us know.

+ Reply to Thread