+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help on how to gear for Heroics (Warrior Tank)

Help on how to gear for Heroics (Warrior Tank)

Here is my Armory. The World of Warcraft Armory.I am kind of low on Gold right now, so where do you guys see me for tanking Heroics or getting better gear? Any help is very appreciated.

Start farming. Alot of the craftable items and boe world drops are good to get you started. Right now you're pretty much at the minimum for heroics since you've just broke 20k hp unbuffed.

Might want to do a couple regular instances, or you can farm some gold to get 22 stam to boots and 40 stam to bracers. I see you have skinning and mining so getting mats to sell shouldnt be too bad. Blue boe world drop ring from the AH will replace the green you have. Crafted Shotgun will last you well into Ulduar. Blue Boe belt (Belt of the Risen Knight i think?) from the AH will be an upgrade for you also.

Also you might want to change you're spec. you have Deep Wounds, but only 1 point in AttT and 0 points in Cruelty. Get rid of Puncture and points in Ironwill, and put them in Heroic Strike. 15/5/50 is what you want. Check my armory or you can find the spec in a thread on this site.

What Heroics would you guys recommend to start?

You're off to a nice start -

Keep working on the Wyrmrest rep to get the chest piece at revered. There are some nice drops in non-heroic instances which are worth the effort. To save yer hard earned golds, some enchants are cheaper than others - do some research on wowhead.

But of course, the most fun to be had is in the heroics! When I got started, I ran UK and VH. Running with a good healer and dps can make all the difference, so if you're pugging you'll have to take the good with the bad.

Just find strong healers and insist on running heroics and only heroics. Your defense capped with 21k unbuffed hp which is more than I had and I cleared nearly every heroic that way.

I second UK as a good heroic to start on. Nexus is pretty smooth sailing too. I also found drak'tharon to be a pretty easy heroic. Violet Hold is easy (and fast) as long as you don't get one of the two harder bosses, so it's sort of a crap shoot.

It wouldn't hurt to save up some mats/gold and get the titansteel helm crafted; now that it was a metasocket and crazy amounts of stamina it's the best pre-naxx helm by a long shot.

+ Reply to Thread