Thanks for more great advice.
1) Is there a standard, well-known marking pattern that all tanks use (i.e. skull is always for the tank, X is for CC, star is for regular attacks, etc.)?
2) When marking can I put the same mark on multiple mobs, like a skull on two separate mobs? I was marking my own target with a skull, then using other marks to mark the ones I wanted the the two hunters to go after. But if there were four mobs, I only marked three, and told my group that I'd also be taking the unmarked guy. See question #1 above.
3) I use a targeting add-on that has a bar at the top of my screen where I can just click on the symbol I want for each guy. Easy!
4) I'm sure my hunter friend wasn't doing it on purpose, he really was just over-eager. We'll get him straightened out.
5) No, I'm not using the poleaxe for tanking, silly . I have a shield and some spikey brass knuckles lol. The knuckles are a blue item, and the shield might be, too. I'm going to put a spike on it before the next run.
6) I've got everything keybound already. I don't use the mouse to turn, but I can do everything else from the keyboard. I made a macro for my opening attack which casts defensive stance, bloodrage, shield block, charge, then thunderclap with a second push of the button, then I do my rotation manually. It works pretty well.
No Kara this week since I probably won't be level 68 by Thursday. We're going to do something else more appropriately leveled and maybe Kara next week with some more experienced people in my friend's guild. I'd like to take notes from a more experienced tank.
Still, this has really changed the game for me for the better. I love being so strong--it's really a strange thrill for someone who has always been petite and shy IRL lol. Love it!
Snackpants, Female Night Elf Warrior, Echo Isles
My allies are my weapon; I am their shield.