+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Val'anyr, Gavel of Logistical Nightmares

Val'anyr, Gavel of Logistical Nightmares

I am wondering if any raid/guild leaders have decided on how they will distribute the 40 fragments for this item. I know there are no details regarding this item, but I would imagine it will take at least 1 month to construct. We will be using zero sum dkp in our Ulduar raids, but it seems like pushing this to dkp is a bad idea since it would cause too many fragments to get split up and would encourage players to hoard dkp for fragment pieces instead of spending them on other upgrades. I haven't played wow when Naxx40 was around so I don't really know how people handled the fragmented legendary item from there.

When did the implement a legendary into naxx25?

You decide ahead of time who's going to get it, and give them every fragment that drops. Charging DKP for it is fine and makes sense, but using DKP to decide who gets it doesn't work very well.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Yep, we sat down last night and discussed who was the most active, skilled healer and they're going to get all the fragments until it is complete. They'll take a small hit on other loot, but its really a reward for the time they've already invested in the guild. You probably have mature members who'd understand the necessity of handling it in different circumstances.

Yeah, don't distribute the fragments individually, decide beforehand who will get the legendary and have him collect all the fragments. Do whatever you see fair: attendance requirements, etc. You might want to avoid bidding, or you'll probably have healers hoarding dkp like crazy.

If it was up to me, I'd set an attendance requirement (something like 75% during the last 3 months), a fix DKP value, and roll it off between the ppl who meet the requirements.

I get the idea the fragments ~can't~ be distributed individually as they're quest items, so it's a moot point.

it really comes down to what you want to do with the quest starter... or starters.

My fellow guild leaders and I were discussion this the other day. I won't take credit for this quote, it was another officer that said "This is a legendary weapon and I think it should go to someone who has put in legendary effort for the guild."

We will be choosing one of our healers that has been around a long time and contributes more than just during a raid to improve the guild. The person that is getting these fragments will not be allowed to receive an epic weapon from Ulduar because it will obviously be replaced.

-Sam

just out of curiosity...is there a link for whatever you guys are talking about? I'm interested

Quote Originally Posted by Alent View Post
    I get the idea the fragments ~can't~ be distributed individually as they're quest items, so it's a moot point.

it really comes down to what you want to do with the quest starter... or starters.
    If it works like Atiesh did (and it seems to), it's the other way around. Fragments drop, once you have 40 of them you use them to make the quest starter.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ntsvalanyr.jpg

I believe it is 40 fragments make quest item.

@ lore: indeed. when I looked at mmo-champ's screenshots the bottom half of the tooltips were sliced off.

For the unaware:

I wonder whether it'll be a good tanking weapon for paladins. :/ Even if it's itemized for healing.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Quote Originally Posted by Norrath View Post
    I wonder whether it'll be a good tanking weapon for paladins. :/ Even if it's itemized for healing.
    Doubtful. If it's end damage is "normal caster trash" itemization, it's not going to hit anywhere near hard enough to tank with.

Quote Originally Posted by Samanatha View Post
    "This is a legendary weapon and I think it should go to someone who has put in legendary effort for the guild."
    The legendary weapon will most likely be replaced in the raid instance that comes with the next content patch. People make a big deal about orange weapons, but meh.

I like how the use effect calls for 40 shattered fragments, but they're unique(30). May well be a hoax.

We'll do as we always have for these baubles: First person to win a fragment is primary on fragments until they are complete. If a fragment drops when the primary is absent, the winner becomes secondary and gets fragments only if the primary is absent. When the primary completes, the secondary becomes primary. Repeat until replaced with iLevel 239 weapon when you're still 4 fragments away and I refund your DKP out of pity.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Satrina has an orange quality eye for detail IMO. Unique (30) doesn't fit with the 40 to complete it at all. Then again... Bliz isn't famous for their consistently perfect tooltips on anything.

My bet's on them copy/pasting Atiesh and modifying it into Val'anyr... and just having overlooked the "on use" tooltip.

We made an announcement that anyone who had an Atiesh would be eligible to roll for Val'anyr. Fortunately only 1 member has Atiesh so the decision was very easy.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Quote Originally Posted by Inaara View Post
    We made an announcement that anyone who had an Atiesh would be eligible to roll for Val'anyr. Fortunately only 1 member has Atiesh so the decision was very easy.
    So only people that happened to be raiding 3 years ago have a chance... a bit unfair...

I talked it over with all my officers and raiders, i let each one of them cast 3 votes for who they think should get the mace, even if that person was them. My wifes char recived the most votes, my alt the second most, our guild Healing oficer 3rd. So we let the guild decide.

Satrina has an orange quality eye for detail IMO. Unique (30) doesn't fit with the 40 to complete it at all. Then again... Bliz isn't famous for their consistently perfect tooltips on anything.
    I reckon it's more likely that blizzard do not want players on the PTR to even remotely stand a chance of getting the quest item before it goes live, even when they activate loot in ulduar, so they made the shards unique (30) to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alent View Post
    Doubtful. If it's end damage is "normal caster trash" itemization, it's not going to hit anywhere near hard enough to tank with.
    Well, that all depends on the damage range and the sheer amount of spellpower the weapon's gonna end up with.

Even if a differently itemized legendary of the same quality would be better, it doesn't mean Val'anyr won't be an amazing tanking weapon all the same.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

+ Reply to Thread