+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3.1 = No more Glory of the Raider Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by getefix View Post
    They did this in TBC with Kara.
    The original Karazhan as well as Gruul's Lair and Magtheridon were all far, far more challenging than anything we do today outside of possible Sartharion10 3Ds.

Unless you raid every other week, you have virtually the same single clear every week to accomplish things that everyone else does. Also keep in mind, it'll probably be at least another month before this is released.
    We play two nights a week, sometimes one. We had 3 weeks where lag was unplayable in Naxx... so we have only had Naxx full cleared for 2 weeks. Given those odds as casual yet capable players, things like these mounts will always be out of reach. 4 more weeks of gearing up may be enough, but I am guessing it very unlikely -- especially with teh Sarth+3 requirement that alone will prevent most 10 man (only) guilds from accomplishing this.

Again I see the reasoning, just disappointed.
    The beast is getting hungrier.

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    Unless you raid every other week, you have virtually the same single clear every week to accomplish things that everyone else does. Also keep in mind, it'll probably be at least another month before this is released.
    Yes, but how many hours a week can you devote to that clear? the guild that has 12+ hours to wipe on Sartharion has an edge over the guild that only has 3.

My guild is casual and we're trying to catch up to "normal guilds" such that we're willing to shelve working on achievements to get naxx down in 3 hours before we start gearing backup raiders- I challenged the raid to get "heroic: and they would all go down together" this week and we canned it after two mystery wipes involving unsplit meteors because our goal before achievements is a 1 night clear. we killed KT ~right~ as we hit our 10:30 shutoff time.

Not that I particularly care about the mounts from these specifically, but I have an amani war-bear and I want to add another "limited time only" mount to my collection.

I would dare blizzard to think outside the box and require T7.5 gear or lower for the achievements. That way they could leave these achievements in for us to get - and you'd have to downgrade to naxx 25/maly 25/os25 gear to get them, you couldn't wear your ulduar 10/25 gear.

Yeah thats a good idea Alent...
    I think that cutting it from the game so early is good and bad.
    The problem is having overgeared players for those achievements, and I think with your suggestion the problem would be solved.
    Everyone is still 80, going in with the appropriate gear.

Only counter-argument that I can see to it is that folks will have a much longer timeframe to complete these achieves, which in my eyes somewhat takes away from the rarity of the item...

and it could just be me but I feel like the Amani Bear achievement was accessible longer than these Glory of the Raider achieves...
    If this is the case, a little extension would be kind of nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alent View Post
    I would dare blizzard to think outside the box and require T7.5 gear or lower for the achievements. That way they could leave these achievements in for us to get - and you'd have to downgrade to naxx 25/maly 25/os25 gear to get them, you couldn't wear your ulduar 10/25 gear.
    I strongly agree, provided the 10 man achievements are restricted to 10 man gear. I really dislike this notion that trivializing the 10s is ok, but the 25s are sacred.

Again though I think Blizzard is making another mistake.

When Wrath was release Sarth 3D was meant to be SO difficult that it was full tier in front of all the current content. Obviously that was not the case since it went down 2 weeks after the release (maybe 3). But Blizzard stated that was the intent, so shouldn't the achievements be based on that or now do you have to be above the tier raiding according to blizzard to get these rewards.

In the end, what we think probably doesn't matter it is just frustrating, although I have done most of the achievements immortal seems to be lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakfaroosh View Post
    When Wrath was release Sarth 3D was meant to be SO difficult that it was full tier in front of all the current content. Obviously that was not the case since it went down 2 weeks after the release (maybe 3).
    Actually, since so many people had Beta experience with the encounter for quite a while, that indicates that Sarth3D is quite challenging.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

You need to look at it more as a parallel to the Arena 310 Drakes.

They are awarded to those that complete the top of the top in PVE during a particular "Season" to those that have the coordination, skills, willing to put the time and practice in and obtain the gear to obtain them. Likely w After the "Season" ends and the new PVE content is released, a new set of drakes become available for those that do it in the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Selyndia View Post
    You need to look at it more as a parallel to the Arena 310 Drakes.

They are awarded to those that complete the top of the top in PVE during a particular "Season" to those that have the coordination, skills, willing to put the time and practice in and obtain the gear to obtain them. Likely w After the "Season" ends and the new PVE content is released, a new set of drakes become available for those that do it in the next season.
    Yeah, this makes the most sense to me.

and it could just be me but I feel like the Amani Bear achievement was accessible longer than these Glory of the Raider achieves...
    If this is the case, a little extension would be kind of nice.
    Amani War Bear was in game for nearly a year (if my memory serves correctly and it was available at the release of ZA) and many guilds were already geared to actually compete for it immediately at release -- with enough time for more casual guilds to gear up and focus if they wanted to get it done.

3.1 is probably 2-3 months out still. WotLK has been out for a little over 3 months. 5-6 months is plenty of time for a casual guild to level and gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    3.1 is probably 2-3 months out still. WotLK has been out for a little over 3 months. 5-6 months is plenty of time for a casual guild to level and gear up.
    I'm still expecting 3.1 to hit patch day before easter given the noble day achievement revamp.

unless they put out patch 3.0.9.5. in which case they'd be treading into Mac OS territory.

It frankly makes sense to me. I actually think they should remove the achievement. Like Selyndia pointed out, some achievement/rewards should be exclusive to the few best in pve, just like some of the rewards are only available to the best in pvp.

Think of it as seasons, there's going to be an Ulduar version of the achievement, and another chance for you to earn a rare reward, if you put the effort it takes.

you are right if that is the actual timeline. I was under the impression they would be accelerating the time line and making likely to see 3.1 by the end of march (4-5 weeks).

I am bothered by the "time of effort" reward system, I would much prefer to see achievements and rewards stay in the game with a limiter like gear as was suggested above. It wouldn't undermine the rareity of the item considering the skill requirement to achieve it is still pretty steep.

Already, there have been datamined images of a Rusted and Ironbound Protodrake, which very likely will be the next "Seasons" rewards for completing the Ulduar meta's.

I'm not a fan of the drake mounts that are not a netherdrake so it does not affect me too badly.

Nice change for those who have the mounts though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alent View Post
    I'm still expecting 3.1 to hit patch day before easter given the noble day achievement revamp.

unless they put out patch 3.0.9.5. in which case they'd be treading into Mac OS territory.
    It's possible, but would probably require a lot of rushing that I really don't want them to do.

A 3.0.10 patch seems likely in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    I'm not a fan of the drake mounts that are not a netherdrake so it does not affect me too badly.

Nice change for those who have the mounts though.
    Sir, the awesomeness of your avatar leaves me no choice but to agree with evertyhing you post.

There are going to be alot of yelling angry raid leaders/GM's/officers over the course of the next few weeks lol.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

They should remove the Glory of the Hero mount too, I want to feel special!

It's like the only thing I've ever had that I've been able to show off with lol.

+ Reply to Thread