+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I am failing at mob TPS

I am failing at mob TPS

First off, let me say this is an excellent site for information and I like how everyone gives advice and help without flaming folks. I have been playing for over a year and still consider myself a noob so it is nice to be able to go to a site and learn new things in a decent atmosphere.
    So I have been failing at pulling multiples and holding aggro since WOTLK. In BC it used to be hurl the frisbee consecrate and they all stick to ya. Lately in the heriocs we are running I am losing aggro on a few of the multiples and my TPS is crap. I was looking for ideas on what other prot pallys do for multiple targets.

Thanks

For the moment, I'm going to assume you're using a proper rotation and have the max ranks (you did train after you hit 80 right?) of all your abilities out on your bar. I was about half way through my first heroic after hitting 80 when I realised that I had somehow put rank one consecrate on my hotbar

Use marks. You should still be marking a primary target for focus fire. Non-aoe dps has to focus something, make sure they're targeting your main target.

Don't forget the casters. I'm don't know your skill/experience so I'm going to state the obvious. A caster that is not sitting in your consecrate or not being directly hit by you WILL start casting at your healer within a few seconds of the pull, even if hit by avenger's shield. Or he will start casting at the AOE dps if their AOE is hitting him and your consecration isn't.

Personally, I don't like your spec. Benediction IS a waste of 5 talent points, and you need 1/2 in improved jusdgements to get a proper rotation.

Use a proper rotation. I can't find a link but search for "969 rotation".

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    For the moment, I'm going to assume you're using a proper rotation and have the max ranks (you did train after you hit 80 right?) of all your abilities out on your bar. I was about half way through my first heroic after hitting 80 when I realised that I had somehow put rank one consecrate on my hotbar

Use marks. You should still be marking a primary target for focus fire. Non-aoe dps has to focus something, make sure they're targeting your main target.

Don't forget the casters. I'm don't know your skill/experience so I'm going to state the obvious. A caster that is not sitting in your consecrate or not being directly hit by you WILL start casting at your healer within a few seconds of the pull, even if hit by avenger's shield. Or he will start casting at the AOE dps if their AOE is hitting him and your consecration isn't.

Personally, I don't like your spec. Benediction IS a waste of 5 talent points, and you need 1/2 in improved jusdgements to get a proper rotation.

Use a proper rotation. I can't find a link but search for "969 rotation".
    I have been using that rotation but could not figure out why it was not working in like in TBC. When WOTLK came I messed up my talents and have just now been figuring out why...bonehead. I will be getting the talents fixed to WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Paladin -> Talent Calculator, how is that looking?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Camulos; 02-26-2009 at 01:49 PM.
    US|Velen|Fast Action Guys|Camulos
    Prot Pally

That would be a good spec. I use the 2 points you put into heart of the crusader for the reduced stun cooldown, but I've got a ret pally with 99% raid attendance.

Thats a good spec Camulos.
    All you have to focus on now is getting your rotation downpat. Have a look around for the 969 rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Niian View Post
    Thats a good spec Camulos.
    All you have to focus on now is getting your rotation downpat. Have a look around for the 969 rotation.
    I will do so.
    US|Velen|Fast Action Guys|Camulos
    Prot Pally

+ Reply to Thread